6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys- looking forward to surfing the site!
I work on Lake Erie... hence the screen name. I'll be helping Steve with ADCO duties here. I've been shooting/hunting/reloading for over 10 years now.

I've got a Remington M700 LTR in 6.8SPC. I've definately caught the bug.
I reload for it and this gun wears my first suppressor, an SRT custom can in 6.8

Here's the Remy:

Here she is in action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXL3xfj85Z0

I've also messed around with an SBR AR setup...

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Very nice. How does the Remington shoot?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
VERY consistent shooter, thanks! 8)
It's consistently a 1/2-3/4 MOA gun. I rarely get a group better than 1/2" and rarely worse than 3/4" when I do my part. I hate to say it but the most use it gets is in the groundhog fields of Central Ohio. LOTS of fun wih this one! Scary quiet with home grown subsonic loads and the suppressor.

Also, this is the gun Zak Smith wrote about in his article for Shotgun News. I think I was one of the few who had tweeked a Remington 6.8 at the time.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Nice Stick.

Welcome to the board and please, post some of the ADCO goodies in the dedicated ADCO section. Steve and Co have got more of my money from parts I have needed over the last 3 years, I should own some portion of the business!

·
Registered
441 Posts
I have seen a few pics of what was left of those ground hogs after you 6.8 bolt had gotten done with them. Nice The one that looked like it was almost torn in two was something. :shock:

Tim

·
Registered
276 Posts
Hi, welcome to the site, Did your LTR's barrel come in that color from the factory? I'm jealous you guys get to play with all the best toys, i wish i could suppress my 6.8. :cry:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Nice bolt rifle.

Usually I consider being left handed a curse. then I see more ways to spend $$ on 6.8 toys and I'm kinda glad they don't make them in a left handed version.

Now another new custom rifle is an option!

Now if I can only find a used Remington lefty .223 to start the project.

Here I go again....It's a sickness.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
6.8 is special when it comes to terminal performance on groundhogs. I love this caliber in the field. It's not been an absolute tack driver, but plenty accurate. It's not "flat" shooting but I can still manage to hit the 9 ring or better at 600 yards on my first trip to a range that long... There's just something about this combo that is just right for me.

The barreled action was Gunkoted Flat Dark Earth by ADCO. It's been a durable finish! It was originally parkerized.

I am a lefty and do quite well with this righty bolt gun. Improvise, adapt and overcome. Then again I only flirt with proper tactics when it comes to bolt gun shooting. I could go all the way "tactical" but haven't yet. Maybe once the groundhogs start shooting at me? Just kidding. 9

The time is near to administer more dirt naps and dental plans:

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Ha dirt naps and dental plans, I laughed out loud at that once i saw the photo of the little bugger.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I used to adapt to that right handed shooting thing. Too da.. old and set in my ways to do it any longer. :twisted:

Especially since there's so many good lefty options available today. :D

Even if they take more time and effort to accomplish. Just makes the results that much better.

Still like that rifle too much!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts