6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering how the 105 gr. CBB bullet would perform out of my AR - 6.8 SPC 2 with an 18 inch barrel on Deer. Yesterday here in Virginia I shot a 9pt Whitetail at 180 yards, hit it in the center of the chest standing broadside, he ran around in about a 30 yard half circle and fell over dead, I didn't rely check for blood, wish I had, but all in all I'm very satisfied with it's performance...and thanks to the other members that told me these bullets were top performing factory loaded hunting loads..

·
Registered
116 Posts
Yes, it went through the Deer, the exit hole seemed to be slightly smaller than a quarter..
I've shot about 8 deer now with cbb bullets and one thing I have noticed is that the exit wound in the hide usually about an inch but once you peel back the skin the exit hole through the ribs is 2-3 inches. The skin is very elastic so is stretches around the bullet as it exits.

·
Registered
56 Posts
What I find most important about the exit wound of the MKZ is it’s triangular shape. Hard to plug that hole….and in the case of a runner, which occurs with any caliber, you need blood to track.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Shot a 10pt broadside at 60 yds and well behind the shoulders a few days ago from an 18" ARP with the 105's. Complete pass through, ran close to 60 yds but left a great blood trail.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts