6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've been looking at the 6.5 Creedmoor. has anyone used one for hunting or at the range? i have been looking at it and the 7.62x39. any personal information about both would be great. and is DPMS the only company that make uppers for them?

thank you.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Have heard good things about the Creedmore but the 7.62x39 in an AR format is a reliability and durability issue IMHO. The 7.62 needs curved mags which the AR can't use. The bolt used for it in the AR has very little bolt lug support and they are known to fail significantly sooner then normal. IMO 7.62x39 and AK's are like peanut butter and jelly. AR and 7.62x39 not so much.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i don't know much about Ar's, this is a fact, but DPMS is saying i'd need a different lower for the 6.5C. why is that.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Yeah.. the 6.5 Creedmore uses the 308/7.62x51 lowers. The 6.5 Grendel, 6.8 SPC, 5.56, 7.62x39, and others use the AR15 lower.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I'd say 6.5 allllll the way. I'm actually going to be building a 22" heavy barreled 6.5C on one of the Savage precision actions here real soon for hunting/target. I'd like to have the DPMS but it's waaay to dang heavy to tote around.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts