6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking of building a 6.5. Im looking for opinions on barrels. Im looking at 20 inch barrels.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
I have built two BHW 260 Rem for customers that love them and say they shoot bug holes. I'm sure the 6.5 CM from BHW would suit your fancy. Site sponsor too.

Heinous typos thanks to autocorrect.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I picked up a 22" stainless barrel from X-Caliber in their H-Bar configuration. It's turned out to be a good shooter. http://www.x-caliber.net/ar-barrels The website has a "Configure your custom barrel". The machining and finish are beautiful. If I remember right, with the options I selected, it was $320. Delivery was about three weeks. It was a little undergassed, so I ended up opening the gas port a bit to .076. I asked them what the port was and initially told that the port size was proprietary. After I replied with a little astonishment "it's a hole", he said that if I were to consider it about .070, I'd be real close. It could probably use to be opened up just a tad more. I'm using a POF adjustable gas block opened to 9 of the ten settings, but it's running great. She feeds the 140 ELD's with no problem.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anybody tried the ballistic advantage barrels in 6.5?

·
Registered
4,974 Posts
I would go with the X-Caliber in a fluted or lighter weight/profile.

Most companies make 22-26 inch Creedmoor barrels that weigh too much. Starting a 3 pounds and going up to 5 pounds.

A 20 inch X Caliber should be about 40 ounces, which would make a great all around rifle.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got a 20 inch ballistic today. I want a little meat on this one for accuracy:a39:

·
Registered
515 Posts
I have a ballistic advantage 22" 6.5CM barrel. I love it so far... although, I've only shot about 100 rounds thru it so far.
I've been having a lot of fun experimenting with different pills and powders. In fact, I've never even purchased a factory round yet, although I'm sitting on about 250 rounds.
The65Creedmoor forum is great for detailed info.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts