6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone see this beast yet? http://www.weatherby.com/products/ammunition/6-5-300-wby-mag-6.html

from my understanding it pushes a 129LRX at 3550fps from factory ammo, and you can hand load close to 3700---sounds like a long range hunting barrel burner's dream

the factory ammo is pricey (you think 6.8 premium hunting ammo is expensive?)--this stuff is $95/20

and the rifles chambered for it start @ $2300.

I think they just one-upped the 26 Nosler !!

·
Registered
92 Posts
I've seen the article. My father in law is a Weatherby fan so he showed it to me a while back. He bought me a Ruger precision rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor last year and not long after that Weatherby announced their 6.5 Weatherby magnum. He might've bought me that had it already been out. He wanted me hunting with him with something a bit harder hitting than the 6.8. At half the weight my 6.8 sees a bit more field time. The father in law hunts about half the time with a Weatherby 30-378 magnum. It costs about $150/box for it when available. When I get around to it I'll start reloading for him to cut that cost way down.

·
Banned
1,883 Posts
I've seen the article. My father in law is a Weatherby fan so he showed it to me a while back. He bought me a Ruger precision rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor last year and not long after that Weatherby announced their 6.5 Weatherby magnum. He might've bought me that had it already been out. He wanted me hunting with him with something a bit harder hitting than the 6.8. At half the weight my 6.8 sees a bit more field time. The father in law hunts about half the time with a Weatherby 30-378 magnum. It costs about $150/box for it when available. When I get around to it I'll start reloading for him to cut that cost way down.
sounds bout right, "magnum guys" under-appreciating, under-estimatin the 68

1 - 3 of 3 Posts