6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
you can rest assured that gun control will be a HOT topic again this election as if it wasn't already. I have a feeling this os going to get a very bad time this go around.

shooter reported to be Omar Mateen from Port St. Lucie, FL who is a US citizen whose parents are from Afghanistan. weapon used was an AR-15 rifle(sigh)

·
Registered
246 Posts
Yep read this already today. Are we sure it was an AR-15? Not that it matters much, they'll make hay either way with it.

Not giving up my ARs.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep read this already today. Are we sure it was an AR-15? Not that it matters much, they'll make hay either way with it.

Not giving up my ARs.
every agency is reporting it was an AR-15 of course know they tend to rush to judgement. to be honest though, with this amount of carnage i honestly suspect it myself.

·
Registered
5,502 Posts
There may be more to the story. One thing is for sure they will not let it go to waste, I am sure prized they are not screaming AWB already. I would also note that this night club is a gay bar and it was Latino night, it may have been a factor in the aholes selection.

The gunman "may have leanings" toward radical Islam, FBI Special Agent in Charge Ron Hopper said when asked by Fox News whether the suspect had ties to Jihadist terror groups. Hopper said the investigation was looking into possible threats made previously by the suspect in connection to radical Islam groups.
"There are allegations the individual made threats in the past to having ties to terrorist organizations," Hopper told Fox News.
"At this time we're looking at all angles right now," Hopper said. "We do have suggestions that that individual may have leanings toward [radical Islam], that particular ideology. But right now we can't say definitively so we're still running everything around."
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/06/12/florida-authorities-say-multiple-people-have-been-shot-at-orlando-nightclub.html
It comes to no surprise that the night club was a gun free zone too.
Any portion of an establishment licensed to dispense alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises, which portion of the establishment is primarily devoted to such purpose.
http://www.ammoland.com/2016/06/flo...hooting-was-in-a-gun-free-zone/#axzz4BNm84SS8

·
Registered
327 Posts
Terrorist or not it'll be linked to the NRA and us law abiding citizens. They'll cover up the radical Islamist or militant ties and tell us we need more understanding and compassion for such groups and surrender our arms, that way it'll never happen again.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
you can rest assured that gun control will be a HOT topic again this election as if it wasn't already. I have a feeling this os going to get a very bad time this go around.

shooter reported to be Omar Mateen from Port St. Lucie, FL who is a US citizen whose parents are from Afghanistan. weapon used was an AR-15 rifle(sigh)
Time to put orders in for more parts. Screw buying gold bullion as AR parts are far more valuable when a tragedy/crisis like this hits. BCGs were going for $500 last time.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Going to be hard to deny no matter how they spin it. People are waking up the the threat of Islamic eschatology. They have no tolerance for us, our beliefs or way of life. They want to destroy all who differ from their warp religious view. The are actively working to destroy our way of life and freedoms we enjoy. If they succeed, you'll either convert, be killed, or enslaved. Please read up on Islamic eschatology and the return of the 12th Imam, or the Mahdi.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
A sad event for sure. If you were on the fence or in the process of building a AR, better get your parts now while prices are low.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
He is a jihadist. It is another jihad attack, just on a bigger scale. Sad that the world is burning down, and America from the inside out and it isn't to be talked about here. Silence is what the left wants, make no mistake about it. Please reconsider discussion to not let America fail.

He is loyal to IS. They declared it 3 days ago. And yes, muslims like to execute homosexuals. And as long as a political event ended with 50 dead I will add that he is a democrat.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Arrrrgh. I bet if 10% of the patrons were armed it would have not been such a situation.

CNN just reported ties to ISIS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
The shooting was at a bar/club. It's not legal to carry there in most states anyway.
I'm not sure that's correct. Fla law was vague on that subject unlike other states such Texas. But they may have changed it since I moved away 3 years ago. Unless sitting at the bar, you were probably ok.

But your point is well taken. I believe some states are moving away from banning concealed carry in bars. I got mixed feelings about it.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I'm not sure that's correct. Fla law was vague on that subject unlike other states such Texas. But they may have changed it since I moved away 3 years ago. Unless sitting at the bar, you were probably ok.

But your point is well taken. I believe some states are moving away from banning concealed carry in bars. I got mixed feelings about it.
When I lived in Florida carry was banned if the establishment derived 51% or more of its income from the sales of alcohol if I remember correctly. If there were two separate parts (bar side, restaurant side) carry was allowed in the areas that did not serve alcohol.

·
Super Moderator
12,229 Posts

If they are a restaurant that serves alcohol you can carry but unless they changed the law (as GA just did) you cannot carry if alcohol by the drink is their main source of revenue. GA just changed that to say you can carry in those places as long as you are not consuming alcohol.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

SC just changed law to let you CC in a restaurant that serves alcohol if you are not drinking.

i don't know of any states that allow you to CC in a bar or night club that strictly serves alcohol as their business model.

i will have to say that guns and alcohol DO NOT mix no matter where they are together.

·
Super Moderator
12,229 Posts
SC just changed law to let you CC in a restaurant that serves alcohol if you are not drinking.

i don't know of any states that allow you to CC in a bar or night club that strictly serves alcohol as their business model.

i will have to say that guns and alcohol DO NOT mix no matter where they are together.
Unless I just misunderstood completely, Georgia just changed the law to where you can carry in a bar or nightclub as long as you are not drinking. You always could carry in a bar or nightclub in GA if you had the owners permission IE: security. I will admit that since I do not frequent these establishments I have not paid quite as much attention as I would have in my younger days.
Not to get too far off topic but GA also allows carry in airports or government buildings as long as you do not attempt to go through security checkpoints. Of course that doesn't go over well with the liberal mayor of ATL so not sure how that will play out.

·
Super Moderator
5,753 Posts
It's a terrible situation and only gonna get worse, this administration has welcomed it. Failure to admit radical Islam isn't a problem here and allowing our borders to be a welcome mat will let these types of situations to keep popping up.

GUN: don't leave home without it.

Sent from a final firing position, the crosshairs are on you!

1 - 20 of 121 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.