6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm, personally, not really into the smaller calibers. I just never cared for, or had much use for the 5.56 or even the .222. Also, I usually prefer the M-14 type actions being a Lefty, but the 6.8SPC really caught my interest, so I broke down and purchased an AR (STAG Model 5L). I recently came across an interesting upper at Combat Solutions (http://www.officialcombatsolutions.com/) and was wondering if anybody had any impressions of it, or the caliber? Here's the link: http://www.57center.com/ As a Lefty I like that is ejects straight down, through the magazine well, and not in my face.

·
Registered
170 Posts
the 5.7 is a very underated cartridge. I've shot alot of 5.7 from pistols, p90's and ps90's. It is a great caliber.

I've never shot the ar in 5.7. I did notice it used a p90/ps90 mag though.

Check over on the fiveseven forums. There was some talk about it over there.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was looking into a Tactical class for fun, but at $1.00/round for 6.8SPC, and needing 500 rounds for an already $350 class!... So, I thought this might be a good alternative for something cheaper to do mass shooting with for a weekend.

·
Registered
7,444 Posts
Do the tac course with your 6.8, you are going to grab that gun when the crap hits the fan it is stupid to not do the ourse with it, if you want cheap ammo get a 556 upper.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Just to add,

I believe these uppers are going for ~1100, for a few hundred bucks more you can have the gun this round was designed for, namely the PS90. This upper is an answer in search of a question.

I don't think much of the 5.7 cartridge. It's fun to shoot, but ballistically it's not there.

As others said, go with a .223 with proven effectiveness.

·
Registered
441 Posts
It is the ballistic equivalent to the .22 magnum . If its all I had OK if I had just about any other choice no. I think there is a good reason it has 50 rd mag as you will need all of them and it may bee the only round where full auto may be mandatory :lol: :lol: :lol: The best real world shooting report in the USA NYPD I think had the perp jumping all around screaming at them to please stop shooting him as they were firing away on the guy hit after hit. Not exactly what I want for terminal effect when I shoot someone in the upper chest a few times. If i was cheap enough to shoot a lot of it which it is not it could be a fun toy. the only gun I would use it in if I did would be the PS90. Its gives you many benefits from volume to size and it sure looks cool.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts