6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to build a SOCOM and I'm looking for a good 16" barrel and bolt. Any suggestions?

·
Administrator
22,080 Posts
Tromix seems to be the go-to gang for the .458 goodies.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is there a spencer on here that sells them?

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
BlackHoleWeaponry is a sponsor that sells 458 Socom barrels, but I don't know if they use the reverse engineered version or the official Marty (creator) verified/approved version. I know Tromix has gotten the blessing to do the 458 Socom from Marty, so that is why many people go to them (along with their really good prices and service). A lot of manufacturers that did not get the blessing have a chamber that must have some variance, since the barrels sometimes have issues. I personally will be going through Tromix myself in the next couple months, but I've heard good stuff about BHW on other barrels. Some more of the 458 experts can probably guide you better than me.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I have 2 from sbr ammunition. They both shoot great and have Teppo Jutsu stamped on them.
Last time I looked they were in stock with bolts

·
Registered
438 Posts
TROMIX is by far the go to for top quality, cheapest price, fastest shipping, and original true to spec chamber. Black Hole Weaponry and Wilson both use the knock-off reverse engineered PTG chamber which often gives problems with some factory loads, and if their extactor is not properly modified can cause problems. TROMIX uses a custom made extractor that will not cause you any problems.
You order TROMIX items directly from them. LINK

·
Registered
645 Posts
BlackHoleWeaponry is a sponsor that sells 458 Socom barrels, but I don't know if they use the reverse engineered version or the official Marty (creator) verified/approved version. I know Tromix has gotten the blessing to do the 458 Socom from Marty, so that is why many people go to them (along with their really good prices and service). A lot of manufacturers that did not get the blessing have a chamber that must have some variance, since the barrels sometimes have issues. I personally will be going through Tromix myself in the next couple months, but I've heard good stuff about BHW on other barrels. Some more of the 458 experts can probably guide you better than me.
Tony is reason the 458 Socom is with us today and Blackhole uses a reverse engineered reamer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts