6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought i would share my first AR pistol build that i did in my 45 VRAP.

I used a green mountain blank to spin the 11.5 inch barrel
harrells brake sits on the front all cerekoted in armor black.
7" rail from a gun show vendor
bte adjustable gas block
legend left side charge upper that i milled out a notch on the left side so i didn't have to cut off the bolt release. i just had to grind a little off the top.
the lower is an anderson with a rise 3.5lb drop in trigger
sig brace
standard carbine buffer and spring

that rounds it out i am using the 450 bushmaster mags which work excellent for this round.

i took it to the range this weekend and recoil was manageable and the gun is very fun to shoot. it comes in at 6lbs 3 oz with out the sig brace on it. I found shooting it like a revolver seemed to work best. I did have some fail to extract on saturday after inspection the extractor spring was week so i put an o ring under it and i polished the chamber and sunday it ran like a top. now i can't wait for my form 1 to come back i will be building a 10" can to use on it and my rifles.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
uses 450 bushmaster mags others can be made to work but the 450 bushmaster just requires a slight squeeze on the feed lips and they are good to go.

·
Registered
6,732 Posts
Is this on an AR15 or 308 lower? I thought I'd read something about these being .308 based?
308 case shortened to work in an ar15 chassis

as for ar15 calibers on the 308/6.5x47 case we have the 22 hellcat, 6mm lynx, 257 Bobcat, 270AR, 7mm Valkyrie, 358 Yeti, and
45 VRAP

http://www.biggdawgtumblers.net/45-vrap.html

http://mdws.forumchitchat.com/post/making-the-45-vrap-case-from-7-62-nato-brass-7921913

the 45 raptor is on an AR-10 chassis, the 45 VRAP is on an AR-15 chassis with special bolt/extension made by a well know guy around here

·
Registered
260 Posts
Thanks! I'd found references to the VRAP but never found a home page per se and the FAQ on the .45 Raptor page has dire warnings about trying to make it work in an AR15 so I was confused as to what was what.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Impressive results on the gel block.....

yes it hammered the block quite well. i will be testing how the 470 grain lead subsonic bullets do along with the 250 ftx but i will be slowing them down to velocities that match 50 and 100 yards and probably 200 yards.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts