1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
22,870 Posts
Sweet.

·
Registered
564 Posts
With Direct Fire, you would be in a dual with your opponent if he could return fire and you were in range. In close (under 3km) an Artillery gun is no match for anything with maneuverability. I have a highway summit that is visible 5 miles to my north. I can make out vehicles during the day and especially at night. Dropping a 155 at that range on target would take 3 to 4 rounds. At that distance the only registration is a breif puff and cloud plume of smoke. 155mm killing radius is 50 meters or more.

Hence "Close, only counts in horseshoes, hand grenades and 155 HE."

For those who never served HE=high explosive =TNT

·
Registered
680 Posts
I don’t want to take anything away from the incredible shot, but I have to ask, after 69 shots to walk it in, how often was it repeated?

Reactions: Ratdog68

·
Registered
392 Posts
Only took 69 shots to walk it in. Bullet came down at 48 degrees.
That reminds me of when I was a kid, lobbing BB's at an old mailbox (I needed something that would make a good sound) at what seemed like a massive distance* . I would use only 2 pumps instead of 10 with my trusty Crossman 760 and definitely more elevation than these guys. If I shot long enough, I would eventually hit it.

*My judgement of distances as a child are suspect, though. When I went back to my old elementary school as an adult, I could swear it had shrunk dramatically.

·
Registered
491 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts