6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading on here somewhere and someone said somethign about the 3x Eotech magnifier and someone else said to make sure you get the aimpoint magnifier instead. I was wondering what the difference is and why you should get the aimpoints instead of the eotech's? I will be using this in conjunction with an eotech.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
7,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks that was a very useful read.

·
Premium Member
3,090 Posts
I know this is blasphemy, but I have found a cheap clone 3X magnifier with optics which are exceptionally clear. I trust no one on this site will flame me for being a "CHEEPIE," since I spent $4300 on a Gen IIIA, D-740 and also have a PVS-14. However, since I am saving my money for the NVD's, I just couldn't justify $500 for a magnifier that I'll use only intermittently, at best.

Here's the link. This magnifier only costs $79 and you can use the LaRue flip mount with it, which I recommend.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=23&t=614646

·
Registered
7,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I am going to wait and order the 2MOA Aimpoint that is NVG compatible and I dont have an aimpoint and I would like to try it out, plus the flip away 3X magnifier. Thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
I prefer the Aimpoint Magnifier in a Larue flip-mount. The Aimpoint magnifiers have a built-in elevation and windage screws that allow you to center the reticle in the window, while the EOTech magnifiers adjust it on the mount itself. Since you use the EOTech, the Magnifier would be a great tool for when you need the extra magnification.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts