1 - 20 of 313 Posts

·
Registered
2,185 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Anybody here getting reaper stuff yet?
Wow, 7 posts in 5 years and no posts in over 3 years and you ask about delivery of a white Unicorn!?!?!?

That's quite an entrance...

What interests you about the 375 Reaper?

Perhaps we can discuss prospects of what it can do while the third barrel manufacturers cranks the
barrels out.

·
Super Moderator
21,654 Posts
Wow, 7 posts in 5 years and no posts in over 3 years and you ask about delivery of a white Unicorn!?!?!?

That's quite an entrance...

What interests you about the 375 Reaper?

Perhaps we can discuss prospects of what it can do while the third barrel manufacturers cranks the
barrels out.
And two of those posts were each new threads asking about this train wreck. :a42:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yup

I bought into the 375 hype and pre ordered barrel bolt and dies 6/5/14.... I hunt bears with a 450 bushmaster...it makes to big a hole...it's always good to have a big hole but not to big...ergo..375 reaper ...I still shoot 6.8 ...my first 6.8 was from white oak...really good stuff...I also have a mini in 6.8...wicked fun to shoot...about 5 maybe 6 years back I shot a six pointer at 150 lbs at 60 yards in the neck...dropped him in his tracks....but on point...is anyone getting the 6.8 stuff?

·
Super Moderator
21,654 Posts
Oh, you gotta share some of those bear hunting tales. We're kinda whores of good hunting tales... 'specially with pix included.

Seriously the thread someone attached for one of your inquires is worth reading... especially if it's the locked one.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yuuuup

I stepped away...I didn't lose a lot...I pre bought...I spoke to the maker of the bolts and have a free bolt comin....seems he got stiffed

·
Registered
236 Posts
I stepped away...I didn't lose a lot...I pre bought...I spoke to the maker of the bolts and have a free bolt comin....seems he got stiffed
It is not truly "stepping away" when you start a thread w/o full disclosure in order to pick a scab , the scab being the 375 Reaper.Then you accept a free bolt from a company that got stiffed, again probably just cutting YOUR losses...What if every other 375 Reaper owner called that bolt maker and says hey you gave that guy a free bolt out of this deal where is mine???So to back up to your original post it should have read "Has anybody received their 375 Reaper barrel yet?"

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Just a quick note on those Reaper bolts. I sat down with Dan Young, who owns the company that made them, for an hour last week. I've known Dan for several years now so setting down and jawing is nothing new. We talked about some projects I'm doing and I wanted two of his .473 bolts, Reaper size, and for the wildcat we're doing. He said he had more than a few as the fellow that ordered them had snot paid for what he had received and would not be getting nay of these.

I asked if they would take the huge pressures claimed by W3. His statement, verbatim was, "These bolts have NEVER been tested by myself for maximum pressures nor am I aware of anyone testing them. Any claims that I have are pure fabrication. Also, would I please advise anyone that asked to that fact." He stated he had know idea what maximum will be but they should handle sane pressures reasonably well. The extra size would certainly lend itself to that along with the material chosen. He also said that his patent attorney had found the bolt design had been patented previously and that he was paying licensing fee on each bolt he produced of this design to the originator. Even though his were slightly different there was not enough for a stand alone claim.

Being a sane person when reloading I bought two. I'll run them as hard as I dare but pressure is pressure and if you want to push it will let you know what it does in a very fast heartbeat. I know I'll be giving him a status report as we wring these out. I've never had a bad Young part yet and I doubt if these will be problematic.

Greg

·
Registered
487 Posts
Just a quick note on those Reaper bolts. I sat down with Dan Young, who owns the company that made them, for an hour last week. I've known Dan for several years now so setting down and jawing is nothing new. We talked about some projects I'm doing and I wanted two of his .473 bolts, Reaper size, and for the wildcat we're doing. He said he had more than a few as the fellow that ordered them had snot paid for what he had received and would not be getting nay of these.

I asked if they would take the huge pressures claimed by W3. His statement, verbatim was, "These bolts have NEVER been tested by myself for maximum pressures nor am I aware of anyone testing them. Any claims that I have are pure fabrication. Also, would I please advise anyone that asked to that fact." He stated he had know idea what maximum will be but they should handle sane pressures reasonably well. The extra size would certainly lend itself to that along with the material chosen. He also said that his patent attorney had found the bolt design had been patented previously and that he was paying licensing fee on each bolt he produced of this design to the originator. Even though his were slightly different there was not enough for a stand alone claim.

Being a sane person when reloading I bought two. I'll run them as hard as I dare but pressure is pressure and if you want to push it will let you know what it does in a very fast heartbeat. I know I'll be giving him a status report as we wring these out. I've never had a bad Young part yet and I doubt if these will be problematic.

Greg

Interesting enough, he now is stating it was tested in some super secret government facility in Kentucky...

"
Originally Posted by dragon813gt

Man did this round really interest me......and then I started reading the threads about it. The lack of pressure data bothers me. I'm not going to blindly go into it at the velocities it's pushing. Also looked at the site and saw the pricing. I guess the niche cartridges haven't been hit by the plummeting AR prices, which isn't really surprising. I'd be all over this is there was pressure data.

We already have done pressure data and it was done at a govt facility in Kentucky.....we run at 60k psi as a max because thats what the case is designed to handle. Remember the parent case is .308 winchester. I dont have a way to upload the data here but its verified from the facility in KY and can be provided to anyone who wants the info via email. Email us direct at [email protected] and it will be provided. The initial test was done with the same lot number 308 Lake City brass which is restrictive in case capacities for performance loads but we use it for subsonic loads exclusively due to how cheap the brass is. For Supersonic loads we use 6.5x47 or 6xc Norma, 308 Norma, and 308 Palma Lapua brass for performance and has more case capacity and allows for more velocities at the same pressures of the Lake City brass due to the expansion ratio factor of the cartridge. Let us know if we can be of any further assistance.... "

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?285886-375-Reaper&p=3375914&viewfull=1#post3375914

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Sorry to report but all mention of the REAPER cartridge has been removed from the Castboolits pages. All his postings have been removed. I wonder what happened. Shocked and amazed am I.

Greg

·
10,536 Posts
Sorry to report but all mention of the REAPER cartridge has been removed from the Castboolits pages. All his postings have been removed. I wonder what happened. Shocked and amazed am I.

Greg
Some people spend more effort crafting appearance than substance. Threats are a tool sometimes used in that trade.

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Some people spend more effort crafting appearance than substance. Threats are a tool sometimes used in that trade.
Sounds like you've been around some of my drug dealers in the prison. .

Greg

·
Super Moderator
21,654 Posts
That shoe pretty well describes a recently closed thread. LOL

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Guy is a piece of work. Think about what he now posted on his Facebook page :

"Big announcement for the future for Whiskey 3 Precision Systems!! We have recently finalized a deal in the works for the last 6 months and have stood up a new manufacturing facility in Montana that we hold stake in as owners and will be producing our own barrels, lowers, actions, accessories, parts and a host of other things available to the firearms community.

The new company we have decided on with the partners is named "Precision Rifle Concepts" or PRC for short. And our motto for PRC means alot to each one of us involved. " "Endure to Persevere™ "

The barrels we are producing are going to be be the most accurate and reasonably priced on the market and it's our customers and potential customers we are thinking about 1st. You can get a quality, accurate barrel at a great price with fast turn around times and we are gonna prove it!!

Stay tuned for more to come with this relationship Whiskey 3 Precision Systems and Precision Rifle Concepts will be much needed new blood in the industry and setting the standard for quality and accuracy!!"

So I guess that's where all our money went. But, I don't believe, I think it is a continuation of his scam/fraud.

Look at his comment to one of the questions :

"It will by the beginning of the year on the uppers, yes all machining is being done in house. We have 16 spindels total.....capable of producing 20k barrels a month.
Yes we will be doing pistols in the AR platform and SBR's a ton of NFA items the whole nine yards. See what getting pissed at lying ass vendors makes a group of men go do?? Haha!"

20,000 barrels a month. He is smoking Crack. First you have to get the machines, then assemble, then test, then get training on them, then do setup, etc. This will definitely be the beginning of the year, but which year?

1 - 20 of 313 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.