6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 16” WC barrel arrived today, very nice, esp at their sale price. Got a JTAC-10 80% lower together using a CMMG ”builders” lpk, Magpul MOE-K2 grip, Larue MBT-2 straight bow trigger, Aero enhanced AR-15/AR-10 carbine buffer tube, 308 carbine buffer and spring (hope the buffer system works).
Still got a ways to go, ordered a Juggernaut Tactical AR-10 billet upper to go with their lower. I need to order a 308 bcg from SpiceTac, a WC adj gb and tube, CH, stock, and some sort of forend. I wish Odin Works made a 12” AR-10 unit.
Anyway, thanks for all the insight, didn’t want to ”hijack” the other AR-10 build thread.

still waiting for my 6.5 CM barrel from Columbia River Arms, been since early May....Sheesh

·
Registered
40 Posts
The 338 Federal should make an awesome hunting round within east coast projected ranges. Thought a lot of building and upper in 338 as I have four LR 308 lowers. Yes I have an oder for a Remage 260 Rem barrel from BHW. Ordered end of April. Always wanted to try a BHW barrel on a bolt gun. I have 9 AR 15 and 10’s with BHW barrels. They all shoot pretty tight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am also building a .338 Federal with a 16" WC 10 twist barrel. I am using Aero Precision enhanced upper, lower, and buffer tube kit, Aero Precision adjustable gas block, 15" Aero Precision M-Lok handguard, Precision Armament M11 muzzle brake, Magpul STR Stock, Atlas BT-46 bipod, Elftmann trigger, Burris XTR II 2-1X42 scope, and Burris Fast Fire III offset set red dot.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am also building a .338 Federal with a 16" WC 10 twist barrel. I am using Aero Precision enhanced upper, lower, and buffer tube kit, Aero Precision adjustable gas block, 15" Aero Precision M-Lok handguard, Precision Armament M11 muzzle brake, Magpul STR Stock, Atlas BT-46 bipod, Elftmann trigger, Burris XTR II 2-1X42 scope, and Burris Fast Fire III offset set red dot.
Nice, can’t wait for all the parts to start trickling in...
Will you be reloading? Still need to order a die set. No factory ammo available locally. Ordered some 338 brass and some 308 from Graf and Son. The Expander die and mandrel for 338 from Sinclair is in, should be fun.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Nice, can’t wait for all the parts to start trickling in...
Will you be reloading? Still need to order a die set. No factory ammo available locally. Ordered some 338 brass and some 308 from Graf and Son. The Expander die and mandrel for 338 from Sinclair is in, should be fun.
Yes, I intend to reload, although I haven't started reloading yet. I can't find primers anywhere right now. My press is being shipped as we speak.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Found some ammo, 200gn Fusions, I’ll use those for function testing and barrel break-in. Got some primers while theyre still available. 1k each CCI BR-2 large rifle and CCI 450 small rifle magnum. No 41’s on the shelf...
818B4B53-2C9B-4DF6-975A-E1B7F825939A.jpeg

120gn SST on the right. Excited about getting the 338 in firing order.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Getting closer...
Seekins Precision charging handle, 308 bcg from SpiceTac, and a Superlative Arms adj gas block.
The Juggernaut upper and lower fit really well together.
image.jpg

·
Registered
40 Posts
I used a Juggernaut lower on a build with a Aero precision upper. They did not fit perfectly at I had to do a little filling. I took my time though and now they fit perfectly. I have two LR308’s and I was intrigued by the 338 Federal. Just on pure ballistics I bet it hit like a truck. Can’t wait to hear when she’s finished and you give us a range report.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts