6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very excited to take my Dan Wesson ECO to the range today.

First magazine no issue. And nice accuracy!

Reloaded all magazines...pull the trigger ... Pew (cycle) <Trigger pull again> Pew-pew-pew. WTF.

After multiple reloads and magazine changes...this continues to happen for 100rds or so. While very fun and I felt like a combo of Neo and John Wick, but with a 1911, it isn’t practical to have a “burst first” conceal carry.

I am assuming it is the sear. Sending back to Dan Wesson for repair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,871 Posts
Wow, US Navy Seals would be impressed, a sweet tripple tap.

I had to look twice, you conceal carry a 1911???? Like in John Wick one million dollars a bullet baby. So $3,000,000 for your 3 shot group. LOL

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The ECO is a compact/officer frame 1911, so its small enough and lightweight for CC. I have an IWB appendix carry holster that is minimalist so it doesn’t dig into my softer parts and it doesn’t print even with a T-Shirt. With this recent triple shot feature however...there’s no way I am carrying it near my junk until it’s fixed.

Regarding your note...I would be impressed with anyone that CCs a full size 1911.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Big Man Index

As the ladies say...a big man is warmth in the winter and shade in the summer.

·
Registered
164 Posts
True dat! And the hot humid weather doesn't help. Virginia is an open carry state, if you care to go that way. I don't.

·
Registered
72 Posts
True dat! And the hot humid weather doesn't help. Virginia is an open carry state, if you care to go that way. I don't.
MS is also hot, humid and open carry.

A loose(r) fitting outer shirt and OWB holster can easily conceal even a full size 1911 or Glock 17 or 19 if the correct holster is selected and worn in the correct position for the individual.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Agreed. I am only 5'7" or a little shy of that and carry a .45 Kimber Compact which is an officer's frame under a 4" barrel. I use a CrossBreed SuperTuck IWB holster with untucked shirts and it is very comfortable... fishing shirts or Hawaiian style, etc. Even with my small frame you'd never know I was carrying.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Glad you were able to hang on to the gun. I've seen and heard of people letting them go or just coming out of their hand when they go Full Auto. The pistol spins in the air. Lots of fun at a public gun range!

For that reason, when I get a new semi-auto pistol or I do a trigger job on one, I work it up one round at a time and add a round to each mag until I'm convinced it won't take off. Never had one do it to me ..............and I don't want to!
1911s are susseptiable to doubling if the trigger bounces. Could be one or more light spring fingers acting on the sear or trigger or maybe a damaged sear or trigger face.
I always disassemble every 1911 I buy before I shoot it............new or used.

That reminds me......................I have a new Dan Wesson Descresion I need to breakdown and check out. Dan Wesson is really the best bang for your buck in 1911s these days. Very well made for the price point.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Glad you were able to hang on to the gun. I've seen and heard of people letting them go or just coming out of their hand when they go Full Auto. The pistol spins in the air. Lots of fun at a public gun range!

For that reason, when I get a new semi-auto pistol or I do a trigger job on one, I work it up one round at a time and add a round to each mag until I'm convinced it won't take off. Never had one do it to me ..............and I don't want to!
1911s are susseptiable to doubling if the trigger bounces. Could be one or more light spring fingers acting on the sear or trigger or maybe a damaged sear or trigger face.
I always disassemble every 1911 I buy before I shoot it............new or used.

That reminds me......................I have a new Dan Wesson Descresion I need to breakdown and check out. Dan Wesson is really the best bang for your buck in 1911s these days. Very well made for the price point.
I just wondered if it was my son or wife if they would’ve been able to hold on. I’ve never fired a full auto pistol but can’t imagine the utility of one. Impossible to stay on target...with a 45 and 3” barrel!
Brought it back to my shop and the owner came out to talk to me. He is a big Dan Wesson fan and claims that because these are hand fit, if something small is off even a little you can have a cycling issue. Most common is the 2-3 round burst, but still exceedingly rare. It went back to DW for either a full repair or replacement.
I’ve been carrying my commander sized 1911 and even though it is more comfortable than my full size steel brick version, I am looking forward to getting the ECO back.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wanted to provide a quick update...my dealer took this pistol and sent it back to DW and I got it back in two weeks. They replaced the sear and did some internal polishing/cleaning. No charge. Haven’t had the time to get to the range to test it but DW reported no issues with test firing after repair.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Had the same thing happen with my FN 9 longslide after putting in an Apex trigger. Apex sent me a new sear, I didnt find out if it was fixed or not. Sold it and told new buyer the issue, included stock trigger. Happened twice in a USPSA match and ended up having to shoot my carry gun, pissed me off enough to sell it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts