6.8 SPC Forums banner
121 - 140 of 143 Posts

·
Premium Member
514 Posts
Are the mag feed lips tweaked too high? Worn mag catch letting the mag seat too high??

·
Premium Member
514 Posts
No and no. Everything is new. The damn round rocks backwards on the follower causing shoulder to sit high then ass end of round sits low causing pickup issues. Tweaked mag springs. Helps a little bit. Finicky little bastard this one!
Tweaked mag springs... Sounds like you are close.
Stretch/bend the upper leg of the top spring coil to strongly push upward on the head / base of the cartridge.
That should resolve the follower rocking down in the rear.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Thanks, I was under the mistaken impression that the 140s weren't stable. Probably need to read this thread. I have a caught a few posts here and there, but lost interest because of having to buy brass. If a 20 inch barrel will stablize 140s at 2750 in a AR15 it would be worth figuring out to make brass out of 308.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
[/QUOTE] Thanks, I was under the mistaken impression that the 140s weren't stable. Probably need to read this thread. I have a caught a few posts here and there, but lost interest because of having to buy brass. If a 20 inch barrel will stablize 140s at 2750 in a AR15 it would be worth figuring out to make brass out of 308.

SG=1.58 at 2700fps
Plenty stable. I reached 2750 with 37.0 gr Lever but case capacity is maxed using drop tube and funnel. Pressure looks good.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I’ve had my barrel and bolt for a while but just started putting my rifle together. I will start loading in the next few weeks and I have some questions. Could someone please tell me the case length? I haven’t seen it in the posts. Also I was thinking of using H335 (because I have a lot of it) and 130 SST or 130 Ballistic Tips. What would be a good starting load? Thanks

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
I’ve had my barrel and bolt for a while but just started putting my rifle together. I will start loading in the next few weeks and I have some questions. Could someone please tell me the case length? I haven’t seen it in the posts. Also I was thinking of using H335 (because I have a lot of it) and 130 SST or 130 Ballistic Tips. What would be a good starting load? Thanks
Norma brass 1.580-1.585.
H335 works well with lighter projos 95-110gr. Lever and CFE for heavies 120-150gr. My .02 cents.

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
Basically, run new Norma brass thru the die and load it. Make sure that oal is such that you are not touching the lands and it should be good to go.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks for the replies. I don’t have any Lever or CFE but I do have some H4895. I saw that someone was using it with 130’s and doing pretty good. I’ll probably start with it and try to find some Lever.

121 - 140 of 143 Posts