6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
13,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the reamers and dies in hand, the barrels have been started. It will likely be 4-6 weeks before I have finished product.

This 270MSR will be much easier to make from Dasher brass. The end velocity will be a little slower than the 270AR but not much. The max pressure will be equal around 58-60k.

The new Norma dasher brass is available from Grafs and sons and Brunos.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I have the reamers and dies in hand, the barrels have been started. It will likely be 4-6 weeks before I have finished product.

This 270MSR will be much easier to make from Dasher brass. The end velocity will be a little slower than the 270AR but not much. The max pressure will be equal around 58-60k.

Good news.

As simple as it will be to wildcat, I suspect the cartridge will take off and not look back.

I already have a 270AR or would be all over it

·
Registered
13,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good news.

As simple as it will be to wildcat, I suspect the cartridge will take off and not look back.

I already have a 270AR or would be all over it
If someone had made Dasher brass when I designed the 270AR I would have done it differently...hindsight is 20:20

·
Registered
13,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dies sets will not be available separately, only as an option when purchasing a barrel.

·
Premium Member
299 Posts

I was at Bruno Shooter Supply today. They are selling Norma 6mm Dasher brass for $89.00/100. They had about 50 boxes of 100 pcs left.

AzCasper

·
Registered
13,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
H,

Which powders do you think will work best for the 270 MSR?

Thanks
Using the burn rate range- H4895, H335, Varget, RE15, N540, CFE, 2520
8208 for lighter bullets

·
Registered
13,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The 270MSR barrels (20")have arrived and they are fluted, 8 straight flutes. 2lbs 5oz
I have a limited number of dies here so there will not be many barrels available until the first of May. The barrels have the same 3R 10 twist that the last batch of 270ARs had. None will ship until late next week when more bolt parts arrive.

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
The 270MSR barrels (20")have arrived and they are fluted, 8 straight flutes. 2lbs 5oz
I have a limited number of dies here so there will not be many barrels available until the first of May. The barrels have the same 3R 10 twist that the last batch of 270ARs had. None will ship until late next week when more bolt parts arrive.
Website won't allow adding dies to order.....was I too slow?

·
Registered
13,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Website won't allow adding dies to order.....was I too slow?
No I have to click forty eleven "saves" before it really saves the changes. Should be there now.

·
Registered
13,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Same here. No dies in the drop down list. Not worried, just letting you know. Ordered barrel, bolt and gas tube this morning.

Thanks
Are you using a phone? Sometimes the software doesn't work with phones.
They have all been sold for now I'll have more in May.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts