6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered three of the ASC mags in 6.8spc from CTD at $13.10 per mag with $6.19 shipping.

These are the same mags labeled/sold by Yankee Hill Machine that I paid over $20 for last weekend at a local shop.

·
Banned
2,342 Posts
as long as they have a good price i'll certainly buy there, bought 500 rds of prvi 7.62 recently and they beat everyone's price by 40 bucks.

·
Banned
2,342 Posts
i look to see if the vendors here have what i'm looking for, after that it's just whomever has the best price

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
i look to see if the vendors here have what i'm looking for, after that it's just whomever has the best price
I have checked many many vendors listed here because I am new to the 6.8spc. So far I have seen "out of stock" on most everything.

I am not pushing CTD. This is the first thing I have ever purchased from them. I didn't know about their history.

If I Had seen JG Sales first I would have purchased from them. I have purchased from other vendors here such as AR15 Performance.

·
Banned
2,342 Posts
I have checked many many vendors listed here because I am new to the 6.8spc. So far I have seen "out of stock" on most everything.

I am not pushing CTD. This is the first thing I have ever purchased from them. I didn't know about their history.

If I Had seen JG Sales first I would have purchased from them. I have purchased from other vendors here such as AR15 Performance.
sorry, i was putting you down. i buy from CPD and will continue to do so, my comment was directed at the post above that response

·
Registered
214 Posts
Could someone please explain why everyone hates CTD? I read the ONE article in this thread about a $100 magazine but what is really going on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,502 Posts
Could someone please explain why everyone hates CTD? I read the ONE article in this thread about a $100 magazine but what is really going on?
It is not that I hate CTD, but more of I disagree with their business decisions in a free trade market. I certainly would never tell someone they should or should not buy from a business, but I will express my opinion on the matter.

The reason I choose never to buy from CTD is not because they took advantage of trend in the market, but because they caved to the anti-gun agenda by freezing their firearms sales. Sure they saw the error is this decision, but the fact that this decision was made in the first place tells me where their core beliefs are. Sure a $100 for a USGI mag is outrageous, so is $700 for a 100 rd drum mag; like it or not that is free trade market for ya. I don't agree with CTD's decision to charge so much when others kept their prices the same, but that is totally CTD's decision and how they choose to operate.

I have always been supportive of "the price of something; is how much someone is willing to pay".

However for a company to make a political statement on a issue that the majority of their customer base doesn't support I cannot agree with and frankly makes me angry. Academy Sports recently did the same thing, so did Dick's sporting goods. All three of these companies in the wake of "mass shooting" before any legislation was passed they pulled for sale product from their shelf's and either refused to sell it or made the transaction a back ally deal. This is unacceptable and frankly tells me exactly what they think of our current laws.

Companies and businesses should support the current law of the land they are selling to. If they are in California they should abide by those jack up laws, if they are selling to Texas they should abide by those laws, and so on. If a company is interested in selling product or providing services then they should support the laws that are on the books. The same laws the people and their representatives put into place.

Prime example here is Texas; Under current law any public business or company can choose that their place of business is a gun-free zone; however they must either post the correct legal signage (30.07/30.06) or verbally notify their customers. Which I don't have a problem with it is the law of the land and I fully support a business for choosing to post such signage. On the other hand I will not step foot in their business due to my own concerns on my own personal protection and that is my choice.

Since MSR's and Standard Capacity magazines are still legal in most parts of this country, that is the law of the land and until they are illegal and a company sees that they want to provide these goods then they should be up for public sale and not halted because of the political climate or hidden but still for sale like one is buying crack in a back ally.

Ok I have said enough and I will get down off my soap box now.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It is not that I hate CTD, but more of I disagree with their business decisions in a free trade market. I certainly would never tell someone they should or should not buy from a business, but I will express my opinion on the matter.

The reason I choose never to buy from CTD is not because they took advantage of trend in the market, but because they caved to the anti-gun agenda by freezing their firearms sales. Sure they saw the error is this decision, but the fact that this decision was made in the first place tells me where their core beliefs are. Sure a $100 for a USGI mag is outrageous, so is $700 for a 100 rd drum mag; like it or not that is free trade market for ya. I don't agree with CTD's decision to charge so much when others kept their prices the same, but that is totally CTD's decision and how they choose to operate.

I have always been supportive of "the price of something; is how much someone is willing to pay".

However for a company to make a political statement on a issue that the majority of their customer base doesn't support I cannot agree with and frankly makes me angry. Academy Sports recently did the same thing, so did Dick's sporting goods. All three of these companies in the wake of "mass shooting" before any legislation was passed they pulled for sale product from their shelf's and either refused to sell it or made the transaction a back ally deal. This is unacceptable and frankly tells me exactly what they think of our current laws.

Companies and businesses should support the current law of the land they are selling to. If they are in California they should abide by those jack up laws, if they are selling to Texas they should abide by those laws, and so on. If a company is interested in selling product or providing services then they should support the laws that are on the books. The same laws the people and their representatives put into place.

Prime example here is Texas; Under current law any public business or company can choose that their place of business is a gun-free zone; however they must either post the correct legal signage (30.07/30.06) or verbally notify their customers. Which I don't have a problem with it is the law of the land and I fully support a business for choosing to post such signage. On the other hand I will not step foot in their business due to my own concerns on my own personal protection and that is my choice.

Since MSR's and Standard Capacity magazines are still legal in most parts of this country, that is the law of the land and until they are illegal and a company sees that they want to provide these goods then they should be up for public sale and not halted because of the political climate or hidden but still for sale like one is buying crack in a back ally.

Ok I have said enough and I will get down off my soap box now.
I am actually in agreement with you. I use this same philosophy at home when I am choosing a store or restaurant to patronize. Here, I just didn't know the history well enough to do more research into the place I bought from. Hazard of the internet I suppose. I Googled the search and found what I was looking for at too good a price to pass up.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
I've never forgotten what they did with not only their gun sales but with other items. Their price on LC 5.56 ammo at the time was outrageous. Other companies didn't jack up the price like they did when they could get that ammo. That was their right. But I don't care how cheap they're selling something, it's my right to give my money to another company. I know their local store in McKinney, TX wasn't connected to the CTD web store, but I was glad they went out of business.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I may not have liked what ctd was doing with their prices. But when they went so far as to cancel orders, then relist those same items at grossly inflated prices a few days later, well that's too far

·
Registered
528 Posts
I've never forgotten what they did with not only their gun sales but with other items. Their price on LC 5.56 ammo at the time was outrageous. Other companies didn't jack up the price like they did when they could get that ammo. That was their right. But I don't care how cheap they're selling something, it's my right to give my money to another company. I know their local store in McKinney, TX wasn't connected to the CTD web store, but I was glad they went out of business.
They jacked it up to a buck a round, $999.99 a case of 1,000.

They'll never get another penny from me.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts