6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to find an 18-20 inch .243 medium or even pencil contour barrel. My google foo must suck because all I can find are heavy contour. I'm not ready to pay the big bucks for a custom barrel, those I've found.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I'm trying to find an 18-20 inch .243 medium or even pencil contour barrel. My google foo must suck because all I can find are heavy contour. I'm not ready to pay the big bucks for a custom barrel, those I've found.
What do you considered big bucks? I know a couple of places for custom barrels. Still cant get anyone to make a ferrium barrel.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What do you considered big bucks? I know a couple of places for custom barrels. Still cant get anyone to make a ferrium barrel.
I can't see paying over $300 for a barrel.

·
Registered
368 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found a 20 inch socom, rifle gas, stainless for $225.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm all set. Have a 19 in, rifle gas put together. Only draw back, I thought, is it's a 1:8 twist. Supposed to be for the heavier bullets BUT it shoots 80 gr's better than 100s. I wanted a 1:10 twist as it will be used to shoot prairie dogs out past the range of my 17 HMR. At 100 yards it shoots factory Winchester 80 gr. into 3/4 of an inch. I'll order dies and bullets to load for it after the 1st of the month.

·
Super Moderator
11,757 Posts

·
Registered
13,757 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts