6.8 SPC Forums banner
401 - 403 of 403 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
I'll keep this old thread alive :)
Went to the local 100 yd range today for one last practice session before 600 next weekend.
Tired aching just a miserable day. Neither of us felt top notch and it showed on the targets.
Kicked the loads up about a tenth of a grain and groups opened up.
Both rifles were sending 88's over 3000fps with SB6.5 powder. Next trip I'll back them down to the previous load.
Here are some cherry picked groups that I shot.
The first is 20 shots a tad under 1MOA, then 10 shots as the rain started , and the third I just gave up as it was raining pretty hard.
Font Circle Logo Fashion accessory Graphics

Rectangle Grass Font Soil Concrete

·
Registered
585 Posts
Found this little video on my camera card from last week.
Left eye/Right hand scope mount for wife. Will try for a while to see if it helps eye fatigue on long strings.
Gas was turned too low to lock back with lighter loads, did OK with the next load up.
Home made bypod. Gonna have to work with her a little on position with the new stock and bag.
Dialed 0.8 mils left @ 100 yards.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Well, Left eye/right hand mount is a no go. Another experiment down the tubes. She's back to right/right with some black tape over the the left lens.
Have to take the mount off and trim screws to keep the holes filled.
We made a trip to the 600 range and boy are we out of practice. Had a sensor go bad on the E-target but our shooting was not up to par. Still had fun though.
Going to miss going to the 100 yard range this weekend as we don't do public and holidays but it gives me a chance to really catch up with reloading.
Forming 22 NOSGAR for the wife's rifle and 22 Nosler/Dogtown for mine.
Have formed about 400 cases for her. Going really slow in the body die seems to prevent those ugly shoulder dents :)
The body die knocks the neck down to about 0.260" before going to the trimmer to knock about 0.015" off the neck.
Then to the collet neck die and chamfer.
Liquid Bottle Fluid Drink Glass bottle

Need at least one more 100yd trip before the 600 at the end of the month (weather permitting).

401 - 403 of 403 Posts