6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone have any experience with adding lube to .22 lr rounds to enhance accuracy? I read on some of the rimfire forums where folks swear by it, and in many cases its application resulted in elevating "cheap" fodder to respective target rounds. I suppose it helps control barrel fouling. Various recipes out there using beeswax, paraffin, Vaseline, Johnsons Paste Wax etc.......no RD, no KY Jelly lol!. Several recommended using High Temp PAM spray with good results. I noticed the Wolf Extra Match comes really wet with lube and some believe that's a key component in achieving rimfire accuracy....that and high production standards of course. I think I might try the PAM, easy enough to do at the range by inverting one of the plastic cartridge dividers and just giving them a spray. Range report to follow..... I know, too much time on my hands,,,, retirement's a bitch!

·
Super Moderator
21,652 Posts
Haven't heard of/tried this.

I know... apples/oranges, but worth some consideration... when shooting black powder, using vegetable based oil keeps things from gumming up and seizing the action (mostly revolvers). Petroleum based will gum it up and can even seize the workings.

Would a similar reaction happen using a petroleum based with a modern .22? Something to consider/test for.

(Accusing me of suggesting KY... hurts BOTH of my feelings.) :a39:

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Anyone have any experience with adding lube to .22 lr rounds to enhance accuracy? I read on some of the rimfire forums where folks swear by it, and in many cases its application resulted in elevating "cheap" fodder to respective target rounds. I suppose it helps control barrel fouling. Various recipes out there using beeswax, paraffin, Vaseline, Johnsons Paste Wax etc.......no RD, no KY Jelly lol!. Several recommended using High Temp PAM spray with good results. I noticed the Wolf Extra Match comes really wet with lube and some believe that's a key component in achieving rimfire accuracy....that and high production standards of course. I think I might try the PAM, easy enough to do at the range by inverting one of the plastic cartridge dividers and just giving them a spray. Range report to follow..... I know, too much time on my hands,,,, retirement's a bitch!
The SK Standard Plus is heavily coated as well so much so that when i shoot it i always take a different hand town to the range to wipe the crap off of my hands. I have tried shooting it as is and wiping it off but can’t say it was any different. Since you mentioned the PAM (Not KY RD):a01: it is pretty much about the same consistency and oddly enough has a similar smell when shooting it as spraying PAM on a hot grill.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
(Accusing me of suggesting KY... hurts BOTH of my feelings.) :a39:
..........glad you have a real sense of humor bud, some folks on these forums wear their jeans way too tight!

......brew time here kemosabe

·
Super Moderator
21,652 Posts
..........glad you have a real sense of humor bud, some folks on these forums wear their jeans way too tight!

......brew time here kemosabe
LOL... and then there's those with their beltline below their butt cheeks. :a24:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts