6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking at buying a .204 bolt gun. I need some help, which should I go with I like the Remington vtr mainly for the looks, but does anyone own one and like it. Hows it shoot. I know if i stick with the 700 action I can easily modify it similiarly like ARs. I have also toyed with the idea of saving for awhile and going with a Cooper. any suggestions greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I 've got the 700 sps varmint model that came with a Remington marked scope in a 22-250 and it's really accurate for an out the box gun even with the cheap scope that came with it. I changed the scope and have just shot the hell out of it and it still remains accurate with factory ammo. I was looking at the 204 when I found mine and figured that the bullet selection would be larger with the 22-250 than the 204. Plus here in Tx if I wanted to deer hunt with it I could. Both rounds are good performers on varmints and paper. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I have a Savage LP 204, it's an absolute tack driver, first 3 shots with it with factory ammo was cloverleafed
mine is up for sale though because I just don't really have a true need for it...

I am in Texas and grew up hunting south Texas, my dad shoots a 22-250, a Sako he built in 66, that gun has killed a TON of whitetails, hogs, coyotes, etc..
People that say a 22 caliber is too light for whitetails haven't cleaned one that's been shot by one :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts