6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A place for your 2019 Bow or Gun Deer Harvest Pics

Show off your successful kills and even if you skin and quarter/backstrap show what you use.

I haven't gotten anything yet myself, but this is some of the action in my food plot I hope to get in on!!

unnamed (3).jpg unnamed (2).jpg

unnamed (1).jpg unnamed.jpg

·
Registered
171 Posts
Got this tasty doe a couple weeks ago
90 lbs hang weight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So last weekend me and this buddy of mine that owns the property, he owns a perfectly good powerful 10point crossbow, instead of shooting his choice of 3 deer 40 yards away, he shoots a turkey, perfect gut shot 25 yd... and he has "bad vision"

20191025_192537.jpg

·
Registered
125 Posts
Deer with Bryson.jpg

The deer itself wasn't anything special but it was the first my youngest and I have killed together. I did the shooting and he did the tracking. As you can see by the smile, he was pretty proud of himself. A hunt I'll never forget for sure.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Love seeing you guys' kills! I'm stuck on the river for another 2 1/2 weeks. I'm due off a few days before opening day. I did get one of the spypoint cameras this year, which sends pics to my phone. Haven't had any bucks on camera till last week. Now, I've had at least 5 or 6 different ones...a few on their feet in daylight.

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
My nephew shot his first deer this year. I do not have many details other than it was between a 350 and 400 yard shot somewhere near Sweet Home.

Attachments

·
Registered
171 Posts
Sweet home oregon?That’s near me if so.
Good looking deer!

·
Registered
71 Posts
2 weeks ago I shot a nice doe with my bow at 35 yards. Saturday I shot a spike with the 270msr at 465 yards and dropped him in his tracks using the CBB 120 mkz. he was wounded and barely walking, figured I would take him before the coyotes got him. unfortunately my phone died so I don't have any pics of the spike.

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yep, Sweet Home Oregon. He originally was just going up for some grouse but decided to throw his 6.8 in the truck just in case. He did well. Keep in mind that he is 6ft 2 (but skinny). Its great that he got it this year because as soon as he graduated high school he goes to Navy boot.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
WELL, didn't think I'd actually one of the ones showing off pics so soon...

Day view from my stand into food plot:

20191102_153637.jpg

About 6:10 Sat night (sunset was 6:00, shooting hours till 6:30)
I was just about getting ready to pack things up, I was moving around in my stand and not even trying to be quiet...
I look up to see this (the following pic is created to show you how dark it was getting and about what I saw)

dark153637.jpg

So I sight in and shoot a lighted nocked arrow, deer takes off straight away from me into the woods... I thought it was a big doe

walked into the woods and found my lighted arrow on the ground 75 yrd in... walked out to go get other 2 guys to help track
Tracked blood for 150yrd at least, then trail stopped... searched for hours, mind you it's now pitch black out.

We were driving off in the gator almost to give up and thought we should search a creek bed cuz deer like to go low when injured... 300 yrds from the hit

FOUND HIM!! 7 points and 144lbs after gutted... completely surprised cuz I saw no rack when I scoped and shot (Wicked Ridge cross bow)

20191102_201412.jpg 20191102_201528.jpg

Actually I think it's the same deer in the CAM PIC I posted in the first post...

unnamed (2).jpg

·
Registered
38 Posts
Was successful this morning. He was trolling for does at about 75 yards. I threw a grunt his way and he turned to walk within 10 yards before I let the arrow fly. I saw him crash from the stand. Good thing since there was practically no blood trail.

·
Registered
819 Posts
What a beautiful deer. Congratulations on a successful hunt.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts