6.8 SPC Forums banner
41 - 60 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Is that the Midwest Industries handguard?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
no, it's the UTG Pro. All my other AR15's have Noveske NSRs, but I thought I'd give this budget-friendly option a try. So far so good.

Here's my other 6.8:
Noveske SBR'ed lower
Noveske gen3 upper with NSR
ARP 12.5" 5r barrel
geissele SSA
BCM stock
TA31RCO-M150
Specwar762

·
Registered
71 Posts
First build here. Thought I'd finished it a while ago, but wound swapping in a nickel boron BCG this week, and never shared it on here, in any event. Tried to keep things relatively light (6.34 pounds, not counting the magazine and ammo) and cheap ($834, counting the cost of drilling the barrel, the FFL fee, shipping, tools, grease . . . everything other than magazines, ammo, and a case, I guess). Parts are listed in order of most to least expensive.

ttvzV4D.jpg
6GdQgEr.jpg

·
Registered
1 Posts
First build.
Wilson combat upper and lower
Arp 12.5 barrel
Wilson combat Q-comp
Larue mbt trigger
Bcm bolt carrier and arp bolt
coated by fail zero
Shockwave blade
Bobro mount with vortex strike
eagle
Raptor charging handle
Geissele super gas block
Gun show mlok handguard soon to
be midwest industries
Larue grip

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
IMG_1889 (2).JPG

My first AR build and first 6.8. Anderson lower and upper, Bear Creek Arsenal barrel with Stag Arms flash hider, Brownells BGC, assorted other parts from Classic Firearms and Palmetto State Armory. It weighs 6.9 ounces without optics/mount or bipod. I got the scope mount and bipod from Amazon. I had the 2x7 Nikon scope laying around.

I'm looking forward to deer season!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Re-Post

Sorry for re-posting the same thing, but the gunsmith that pinned the front sight on got it crooked and too far forward. So, these are the pics after I removed the pinned sight and installed a YHM picatinny bolt on, with UTG fixed sight.
DSCF1081.jpg DSCF1079.jpg

·
Registered
53 Posts
So... I just jacked up the photo of my original link making it a photo of just my buttstock :a23: Here's a repost of the original image!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Here is my third ARP barreled 6.8 I built for hog hunting

AP upper and lower
ARP 18" 3R
CMC 2 stage 2&4 trigger
ARP bolt
DSG Carrier
SLR 16" rail (nicest rail I have ever owned)
SLR Adjustable Gas Block
Vortex PST SFP 2.5-10x44

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey guy I'm using 28.0gr. aa2200, hornady brass wsr @ 2.295-2.3 1/4" @ 50yds

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sorry that's with hornady 120sst. Thank you Erick Blackstone Arms. Great arp 16" scom.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
467 Posts
Changed the look since last year.
Stripped off the diy multicam Aervoe paint job and did a diy hydrodip in King's Desert Shadow.
The good thing is, the Wilson Combat 16" LW barrel is still shooting lights out with factory ammo.
Ordered some Cavity Back 105gr MKZ's along with some A2200, hoping I can get them moving and grouping in time for my coyote contests coming up.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Changed the look since last year.
Stripped off the diy multicam Aervoe paint job and did a diy hydrodip in King's Desert Shadow.
The good thing is, the Wilson Combat 16" LW barrel is still shooting lights out with factory ammo.
Ordered some Cavity Back 105gr MKZ's along with some A2200, hoping I can get them moving and grouping in time for my coyote contests coming up.

Wow... now that's a sick looking rifle. Accu-point and all, but it's awesome in the field.

·
Registered
3 Posts
New Build 6.8 SPC pump action

I've been wanting to build a 6.8 for a while. Was going to just get the upper but with all the new assault legislations they are assaulting us with I wasn't sure which way to go. I didn't want to lose all the features so I though about the pump action route. Trying to find a barrel that would work right, I finally was going to go with AR15 Performance, but just as I had selected the items I wanted and was ready to click buy, they closed the site because they are moving. I was like [email protected]#$%&@.
So I had to go with Bison. Got their 18" and sent it off to Dave who does the pump setups.
Still a little work to be done but looking nice to me. I need to go test fire it maybe this weekend and get the scope setup for 100yds
<o:p
Bisson 18" SPR 6.8 SPC

BRT Linear Compensator
Bentwood/UMOS type pump conversion kit
Spikes Tactical Multi cal lower

Geissele SSA trigger
Ace stock
Hogue grip
<o:pPrimary Arms 1-8x scope with ACSS reticle
Waiting on my ammo to arrive.

Pump Action 6.8 SPC II - 4.jpg

Was wondering if anyone else had done a pump 6.8? Heard talk about it but nothing for sure.
</o</o</o</o

·
Registered
471 Posts
Put together my second 6.8 SPC upper with parts I mostly had on hand.
Only had to purchase a midlength gas tube to complete the upper.
Matched the upper to the first lower, Aero Precision, I ever assembled.

Black Hole Weaponry barrel, 6.8 SPC II 18" midlength, medium contour, threaded, black.
Bear Creek Arsenal stripped right hand side charging upper.
Old new stock LAR NIB stripped side charging bolt carrier with staked gas key.
Daniel Defense 6.8 SPC bolt.
Troy VTac Alpha rail, 13".
Wilson Combat .30 cal Accu-Tac flash suppressor.
Seekins adjustable gas block.
BCA threaded side charging handle and plug. Also components to complete BCG.
Vortex Diamondback 3-9x40 scope with Burris P.E.P.R. scope mount.

Thanks,
Glenn

41 - 60 of 76 Posts