6.8 SPC Forums banner
21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
First build down. Finished up Sunday. Only trouble I had was with the barrel extension fitting in the upper receiver. But some grease and persuasion fixed that. And I'd rather have a tight fit than loose. Only thing I forgot was putting loctite on the gas tube. Which will get done tonight.. Ill take more/better pics when that is done tonight.
Parts list:
Psa complete lower and buffer tube
Magpul stock and grip
Bcm Blem stripped upper
Arp 750 bolt with aim carrier group
Bcm mod 3 charging handle
Arp 6.8 3r 16" scout profile with vortex 2 port muzzle brake/flash hider
Odin works adjustable gas block
Mid length gas tube
Alg emr v1 mlok hand guard
Aero precision spr mount
Vortex 2-8x32 diamondback Hp scope
Nice rifle! Yeah, BCM says their upper receivers give a tight fit for the barrel extension, and they don't lie...

What did you think of the ALG shim system?

·
Registered
69 Posts
OK, I'll play. Remington LTR in 6.8 modified from ADL to BDL and put in B&C Alaskan stock. Talley Lwt. Mounts and basic Leupold VX2 3x9

Nice rifle. How do you like your stock? I've got a Rem 700 ADL in 308 and would like to convert to BDL with a new stock.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
39 Posts
Nice rifle! Yeah, BCM says their upper receivers give a tight fit for the barrel extension, and they don't lie...

What did you think of the ALG shim system?
It was pretty neat.. My first handguard to install. Very easy ha.. At first i was hesitant at the lack of need for a torque wrench, weird not hearing a click to know its right. But everything on it is a tight squeeze.. Took some lube to slide it on the barrel nut.. And even the screws were tight to thread. So no doubt that it is there to stay ha

·
Registered
119 Posts
First pic is actually 5.56.... thinking real hard about slapping the paint to my new 6.8 build (2nd pic)...

6.8 consist of:
Arp 16" scout mid-length gas 1:10 3r
Yhm thread protector
Arp xd750 bolt / psa carrier
Psa complete lower assembly w/ magpul furn
Aero upper assembly
Aero 12" keymod float tube
Asc 10 round mag
Nikon 3-9x50 prostaff
Nikon m223 mount

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Finally got some more pics.. Phone camera sucks but oh well.. Test fired and adjusted gas block this past Sunday with 20 rounds of factory 120 gr SST. Got my scope in line close to where I want it too.. Shooting offhand supported by a fence post at 70 yards. Will report more on groupings when I actually zero it at 200 yards.. Very pleased so far.

Attachments

·
Registered
362 Posts
isnt it 2017?

10.5" A5 Six8 with the cliché AAC Can. I am in the market for a titanium can that's a little shorter for the 6.8/7.62, this one is front heavy with it on.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Finished up my first AR build. 6.8 spec. Taking her to the range tomorrow to test her out and get some better pictures.

I was going to try and match the flat dark earth for the forearm, but I really like my DIY camo job so will keep it as is.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Got my 6.8 up and running today!
ARP 18 5r barrel
JAL comp
750 mini gas block
Midlength handguard
Redx m14 bcg
Sota arms upper
Anderson lower
Cmg lower parts kit
A2 stock with rifle length gas system.
Vortex copperhead scope 4+12+44
Asc mag. IMG_20170401_175717.jpg

Sent from my Tank Xtreme 5.0 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
598 Posts
I'm late posting here, but I picked up this 26" Remington 700 Police in 6.8 back in February - 40x trigger, nice wide palm swell on the stock, low round count - less than 300 fired, and it was well cared for.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Got my middle sons' tan 6.8 done. Aero receivers, ARP barrel, Vortex Crossfire 2 w/ vbrite bought on the exchange.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
Finally re-barreled one of my AR's in 6.8SPCii.

I'm liking it so far!

Aero FDE lower
Aero FDE slick upper (no FA)
Aero Bolt Carrier
ARP 6.8 SPCii/ARP 16" 5r Scout
ARP 6.8 SPCii SuperBolt
BCM/VLTOR A5 system w/ A5H2
Colt LPK w/ambi selector
Geissele SSA
BCM gunfighter mod 5 CH
Arisaka VFG
Silencerco ASR Brake/Mount
Silencerco Specwar 7.62
Trijicon TA31RCO-M150 ACOG

·
Registered
81 Posts
Finally re-barreled one of my AR's in 6.8SPCii.

I'm liking it so far!

Aero FDE lower
Aero FDE slick upper (no FA)
Aero Bolt Carrier
ARP 6.8 SPCii/ARP 16" 5r Scout
ARP 6.8 SPCii SuperBolt
BCM/VLTOR A5 system w/ A5H2
Colt LPK w/ambi selector
Geissele SSA
BCM gunfighter mod 5 CH
Arisaka VFG
Silencerco ASR Brake/Mount
Silencerco Specwar 7.62
Trijicon TA31RCO-M150 ACOG
Is that the Midwest Industries handguard?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
First 6.8 build:
Aero recievers
Seekins Sp3r 12" handguard
ARP 16" scout barrel
CMC curved 3.5lb single stage trigger
Aim Surplus 6.8 BCG
BCM Mod 4 CH
B5 stock
hogue grip
Vortex PST 2.5-10x32 FFP
Strike Industries Venom flash hider
ASC mags
6-5 1.jpg

·
Registered
92 Posts
First 6.8 Build

IMG_1889 (2).jpg

First AR build of any kind actually. Anderson lower and upper receivers. Bear Creek Arsenal 16" carbine barrel (M-4 cut) in 6.8 SPC II. An old but good Nikon Monarch 2-7x32mm scope that I have had for a while. Building this was a lot of fun! Now I just got to get to the range...

·
Registered
60 Posts
My 16" Tim Hicks " Kotonics" upper. Spec II 1:11 twist, YH FF Quad Rail, 4x 6.8 calibrated ACOG, Smith VortexFH, chrome lined, SSA-E trigger, Troy rear flip up, LMT Enhanced BCG (lobster tail dual spring), Tubbs Springs throughout, Bushmaster lower, heavy buffer CCA grip, PRI 15&25rd mags, Winter Trigger Guard, KNS pins, Vickers 2 point sling. Had this since 2006, over 2,000rds ($$$), zero malfunctions, shoots everything including SSA Tactical loads. Looking for an upper that will mimic this accuracy and reliability for my Spikes Lower.

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
A chance to whore out my rifle... don't mind if I do :a37:

21 - 40 of 76 Posts