6.8 SPC Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 627 Posts

·
10,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
,Let's make this happen! On Saturday, September 6, 2014, the great members of this forum will converge at Semper Fi Gun Training http://semperfiguntraining.com for shooting festivities and good times.

Jack O A T has been working hard to scout a venue and we are finalizing the details in northern GA. The closest smidgen of civilization is Commerce, GA for hotels and food. Find it in the link below and plan your route now. You will find it a comfortable distance from most of GA, TN, SC, and NC (about half way between Atlanta and Charlotte).

Google: https://goo.gl/maps/DdxKH

Bing: http://binged.it/T2bxiz

$25 per shooter, minimum 10 shooters. I need confirmation through payment by 9/1/14.

Bandwagon:
1: 68WJ - Paid
2: Jack O A T - Paid
3: Rascally - Paid
4: GaSwamper - Paid
5: Mikee - Paid
6: Strokin99 - Paid
7: Dstrbdmedic167 - Paid
8: Buckmark - Paid
9. Woodstock - Paid

10. SCARHVYGuy - Paid
11. jdgilbert - Paid
12. mburgin - Paid
13. helomech - Paid
14. Cotton6.8 - Paid
15. Mrs. Cotton6.8 - Paid

Lodging: Up to you, there are hotels in Commerce. I plan to spend Saturday (maybe Friday) night at the luxurious Lake Russell WMA campground. If there is enough interest in an after-shoot social event, we can grill meat and drink sodas.
http://www.ohranger.com/ga/lake-russell-wildlife-management-area

Sponsors: Any interest in being involved, please PM me. Current site sponsors are already contributing to the site and I can distribute/display any promotional material (banners, stickers, etc).

Stay tuned for updates...

Thanks to the following sponsors for their contribution:
Mad Dog Weapon Systems
Wild River Ranch
Wilson Combat
AR Performance

·
10,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Who's going? (Copy/paste the list and add yourself).

1: 68WJ
2: Jack O A T
3:

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
How could I not?

1: 68WJ
2: Jack O A T
3: Rascally

·
10,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm only an hour away, but my travel schedule will dictate availability for me.
I hear ya! That is typical for me too, but every now and then there is something that I have to put my foot down for.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
It'll depend on a couple of things, but I'm interested. Tagged for future reference.

Fellas, the first one was fun, so I would expect nothing less from this one.

Edit: P.S. Are suppressors welcome in Georgia?

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
ALRIGHT! Finally getting this mule out of the stall! After a great training experience this weekend, I'm looking forward to a great forum shoot. Let's get out there and see what these rifles, equipment and ammo can do!

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Yep we can even hunt with them now.
This is a great point. I hope we DO have some "suppression" at this event to showcase what the 6.8 has to offer the new suppressor user/hunter.

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
PM sent WJ.
You 'da man, Mark! Really hope there is a plethora of .277 Wolverine builds at this shoot too. It'd be a great "coming out" party.

·
10,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You 'da man, Mark! Really hope there is a plethora of .277 Wolverine builds at this shoot too. It'd be a great "coming out" party.
It might be perfect timing.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Ive got to do some serious sweet talking with the wife... Already leaving 4 days in December for a wedding and she wasn't happy about that. Gonna try to see what I can pull. It'll be a full 3 day weekend for me 6.5 hr one way from my house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
871 Posts
Ive got to do some serious sweet talking with the wife... Already leaving 4 days in December for a wedding and she wasn't happy about that. Gonna try to see what I can pull. It'll be a full 3 day weekend for me 6.5 hr one way from my house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can do it, she'll understand. But yes sweet talking plenty of sweet talking.

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Do we know what kinda distances we'll be shooting at yet or what kinda events may take place?
Sorry Ga Swamper. I'm still playing catch-up around the house and with the residual from the carbine class (you NEED to stay up to date on this because it looks like we may try to put another class together. The discussion is running on Outdoor Trader)

I hope to have some visual aids showing the facility soon. The rifle range is the static backstop type with elevated shooting berms set at 100, 200, and 300m. The range theme is set around the owners career in the USMC (Ret Lt Col). They also have handgun pits. They are a training facility as well which MAY leave the door open for some type of dynamic shooting if there is an interest in that. It will be something we work out with the owner as we further the planning.

We DO have the ability to shoot steel here. I think we have a couple pieces already that we will bring. If we have attendees that can bring more pieces, it will add to the fun AND keep the overall cost down. The range does have steel, but of course, have to charge for it's use due to the lifespan aspect. They do have one really killer piece I hope we can work into a challenge. You WILL be impressed and challenged.

A really cool feature this range is in the process of setting up and may already have running is a camera enabled, computer shot tracking program. The program is supposed to be able to keep track of multiple shooters on a paper target allowing instant feedback from even the 300m distance. I plan on another visit to the range soon and hope to see it in action.

In all, I see this venue as tailor made for what we want to get from a forum shoot. The owners are flexible, very interested in having us out, and eager to make it fun for us. It's not 1000yds, but for the intended ranges of the 6.8 in hunting use, 300m should be plenty of a challenge. If you can hit from 300 all day in prone or bench, then try it sitting or kneeling. Maybe test yourself offhand at the 100 or 200m berms. Lets get some video of 5.56, 300BO, .277 Wolverine, and 6.8SPC moving that steel for comparison sake. Try out new equipment. I see this as an opportunity to grow our fan base and expand knowledge of the round and our skills over just an excuse to burn some powder. Of course, the chance for fellowship and the inevitable s__t shooting is of equal importance.:a01:

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Hey Jack, would .308 AR platform rifles be welcome as well...for comparison's sake?

That sounds like one hell of a facility with a lot of flexibility for fun. I'd be thrilled at the possibility of shooting my 6.8 at 300 yards/meters. That's about as far as I want to shoot it anyway.

1 - 20 of 627 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.