6.8 SPC Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
141 - 160 of 478 Posts

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
My new 6.8SPC.... Remington 700 Stainless, 24" Bull, 1st Production Run, reamed to SPCII specs by gunsmith in Dallas (member here).

Really liking it. Waiting on rings for the new scope. Previous owner's set up located here:

·
Registered
654 Posts
Brandon, that's a great looking bolt gun! If it shoots as good as it looks, you've got a winner! I'd love to know how it shoots the 135 gr. SMK loaded to about 2.45 to 2.5" with 27 to 27.5 gr. AA2200.

That combination loaded to 2.480" with 27.5 gr. of 2200 pushes the 135 SMK to 2580 fps from my 20" 1:11 barrel and it's sub MOA accurate. From your 24" 1:10 barrel, that long bullet should be even more accurate and faster.

·
Registered
5 Posts

Ruger stainless .223action with bolt face modified to accept 6.8spc, Douglas XX airgauged barrel 1:10 twist finished at 22", McMillan Mark II Hunter swirly stock. Rifle weight without rings&scope is 6 lbs 14 oz. Really likes 130gr corelok bullets, 5 into .70 inches at 100yds with first load worked up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
And here is my other bolt gun in 6.8
Rem 700 6.8 first production run take off barrel...
HS Precision Rem 700 varmint stock....
Rem 700 .223 action with bolt face opened, trued and sako type extractor installed...
My first Krylon paint job to finish it...

·
Registered
422 Posts
Gun Firearm Rifle Trigger Assault rifle

stag arms w/ vortex red dot.

picked it up today, waited 3 weeks. :)

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Hey Twisted10, nice job with that build and all, but I'm real curious what your thoughts are on that stock. Weight, overall feel, shouldering, storage, etc.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I like it. My dealer who happens to be a friend ordered it because it has a higher cheek rest than the standard carbine stock. The gun came from the factory the way you see it, minus the red dot. I did not want any sights on the gun.

Being in NY, i cannot have a collapsible stock, or i have to pin it. I may try a magpul stock to compare. Shouldering it seems fine, I cannot compare weight as this is my 1st AR.

The gun is just under 36" total length. :)

·
Registered
226 Posts
Mine is getting close to being finished... I need something on the muzzle and something to mount the sling to. Although the afg2 seems to work ok. Lol

Specs... spikes lower, vltor upper Yhm diamond forearm, ARP 16" mid 6.8 barrel, kies adjustable gb, rguns NiB bcg, Firefield 1-6x24.

Sent from my BRAIN using ESP

Attachments

·
Registered
271 Posts
Update 2012

My ARP/Aeroprecision 6.8 just got a couple minor upgrades for 2012: Added a Magpul MOE stock, a Magpul poly rail to the upper for the QD sling mount and the Paracord sling I purchased from Team Helotes here on the forums.

Gun Firearm Rifle Trigger Airsoft

·
Registered
41 Posts
My 18" Mutt build, highlights include- WC Recon barrel, one of H's NIB bcg, Bushnell 4-12 Trophy scope. It weighs 9.8 lbs :a36: with an empty PRI mag- this thing got heavy quick. Gonna try to get it to the range next week. The Weaver rings were on hand, I'm gonna change them for a PEPR or Warnes.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Stag Arms " TOUGH ENOUGH TO WEAR PINK ! "

Better half is left handed and when I came across a As New LH7 in the 6.8 and figured it would be a great all around gun for her . Got it bought and then did some personalization to it .. Paint was dry this morning so after I made her breakfast and she was sitting at her laptop doing class work I snuck up behind her and asked "What do you think of this new gun ! " She had a shocked look on her face and said " That is F-----G AWESOME !" I guess she liked it.

Anyway here's a few pictures of her with it ..

Have A Good Weekend !!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,433 Posts

The last visual update for this rifle. This will be my range/hog gun. I love the Harris bi-pod and will add a pod lock in the future. I also plan on replacing the trigger. However, I am weary about aftermarket triggers igniting SSA tactical primers. A sticky on triggers describing pros and cons by the experts on the board would be a nice addition to the board since there are a lot of options. Hope you guys like her, she took me over a year to build.

·
Registered
99 Posts
My gun is finally complete, so I went out and took some pictures.
ARP 18" 6.8x43 upper w/ mega receiver
Midwest Industries SS FF tube
Magpul MBUS backup sights
Burris PEPR QD 30mm
Scheels Paragon 3-12x w/ mil dot reticle
RRA lower receiver & parts
RRA 2 stage match trigger
Magpul MIAD grip
Magpul MOE enhanced trigger guard
Magpul PRS precision stock

The two hills seen in the left side of these pics is our usual range. the first "backstop" is roughly 250 yards, the 2nd hill is roughly 450 yards away. Unless we are shooting for extreme precision off of a solid bench at the local range, this is where we do our shooting.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
The tube is a Midwest Industries SS rail in FDE. It looks very similar to the troy FDE which is on the sling mount near buffer tube. It's slightly different than the magpul fde but it's metal so it kind of makes it look like it's supposed to be that way. It's the exact same tube in the picture below mine, however the finish looks different for some reason. Nice rifle IAHawks kinda looks like my rifle's big brother. Did you paint your tube? It looks slightly different.

141 - 160 of 478 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.