6.8 SPC Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
161 - 179 of 179 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Nice Nice
Good Shooting. Ive been out but no deer...

·
Registered
271 Posts
Got this nice Kansas 8pt this morning with my ARP 6.8. Shot with Hornady 120 SST at 45 yards right into his chest (looking at me). Ran about 15 yards and dropped like a stone. Haven't opened him up yet, but from the sound of his body cavity I think all his vitals are destroyed. More photos after I get him out. EDIT: Opened him up and bullet went through heart length wise and both lungs were jello from shock. Very impressive performance on a 260lb Kansas whitetail!

Attachments

·
Registered
221 Posts
Doe Down - GRAPHIC

Finally evened up the score after seeing no shooters last outing.

Doe at 70 yards with 85gr TSX from SSA. Saw the impact but did not find entry. Double lung shot. Exit was a solid 1-1/2 inches. Expired after 20 yards.

Vertebrate Mammal Deer Terrestrial animal Roe deer

Flesh

·
Registered
70 Posts
My wife got her first deer this morning with her 6.8. She's a happy camper!! SSA 85 TSX TAC Load at 38 yds.Rifle is a LMT SOPMOD lower,Larue billet upper with WOA 16" barrel,MSTN brake,Young NM bolt carrier and bolt,topped with a Burris 3x9x30 Short Dot in a Larue mount.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Nice Dogs
did you call them or run them down with hounds
H

·
Registered
116 Posts
Shot this one last day of regular season, my 308 makes her look tiny but she was pretty fat. This was a headshot at about 85 yards, she was looking at me when the trigger dropped. Looks like the bullet hit the bottom jaw and deflected upwards into the brain box because she fell right there and the heart stopped beating.

And this is just a pic from my hunting shack that I though was pretty cool.

·
Registered
464 Posts
my 6.8 took another doe
this is the 3rd deer this year with my bison
i love this gun!!!

when i shot her she ran down the hill about 50 yds and fell and when i got down to her she was looking at me so i put a 110 AB reload to her face, it exited the back of her neck

161 - 179 of 179 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.