6.8 SPC Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
These were all the first weeknd I took the 6.8 out. The first one is the infamous through the rebar kill my first kill with the 6.8. Hopefully there will be many more to follow.

A pair of oreo boars. Actually there were three but the third one made it to far before he dropped and I didnt feel like dragging him back.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
The top two were 95gr ttsx the right oreo was 95ttsx and the left oreo was 110 prohunters. I took 4 with the 95ttsx's that weekend and 3 with the 110 prohunters. I had 1 95ttsx in the pipe and the rest of the mag was prohunters. There was three boars together I hit the first oreo with the 95 DRT then hit the second oreo when he didnt go down I poped him two more times. He made it about 20-30 yards. The third one was lost without his buddies and started grunting hit him in the head at 50 yards he took off hit him again and he fell. When I got to him he jumped up and ran hit him three more times and he was done.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
That's what I was thinking. Which is why I asked. Thought ya got some piggy while deployed or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol no it's a target rich environment need all the ammo I can carry! It's a bit over 7000 acres so I can walk all night and not cover it all! The vest is the most comfortable way I have found to carry everything. Magazines cameras batteries camelback shooting sticks magnifier pistol all fit on it!

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
The boar caught servicing. 93meter shot

The sow he was servicing. 126 meter shots.

The sow how was watching the service lol. 236 meters 2 shots two hits.

Loan boar 98 meter shot through both shoulders.

240ish boar 4 shots all hits

First hit.

The other three as he's running away.

Sow top of shoulder is first shot exit. Lower center wound is entrance when she ran.

Exit from when she ran.

There were two others but they were 50-60lbs nothing special. All taken with 120SST.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
I would like to make one just for fun. The gopro hero is on my list of toys. But I need something that can see at night. Was thinking maybe an old sony nightshot??? Ive never used one dont know if an Ir illuminator would help it or not. I did tape my handycam to my rifle today got within 10 yards of about 20 pigs it was so thick with vegitation I doubt the camera got them, and I didnt shoot. Figure Id let them feel comfy then when the come out into the open tonight I can get more than one or two.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.