6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for the second year in a row I tagged out opening rifle weekend in NY. I took out the 270msr again, this year with the sightmark wraith 4k on it. I have been hunting this same property for 7 years and up until last year I've only killed 1 buck. Last year and this year I saw tons of deer so things are improving. There's also antler restrictions, a buck must have 3 points on 1 side to be legal. This might be making a difference because I saw 2 nice 4 pointers this year that I'm sure anyone would shoot if it was legal. First morning I'm sitting in a field thats a 150 yards long and I caught movement in the far corner. I get the scope on him and zoom in and he's only a 4 so I'm cursing, wishing he had more points. I take my eye off the scope and see another deer entering the field. I get the scope on him and see he's a legal buck, he was quartering towards me pretty good so I gave him a high shoulder shot and dropped him. The following day I had a doe come out at the opposite corner. She was quartering more then I thought so I hit her a little far back. The bullet took out the entry side lung and blew the liver in half but she still managed to run about a 120 yards. I found the bullet in her Guts when i unzipped her skin to gut her. I was hunting with the speer 130 grain spbt this year. The bullet I recovered weighted 85 grains. On the 2nd day, I took my father with me since I only had a doe tag and he ended up shooting a monster 9 point 5 minutes after I shot the doe. Great weekend and the freezer is full now.
Deer hunting Plant Wood Jaw Organism
Trophy hunting Hunting Deer hunting Hat Military camouflage
Insect Wood Felidae Flooring Pest
Wood Arthropod Flooring Hardwood Insect
Plant Grass Terrestrial plant Arthropod Natural material

·
Administrator
22,645 Posts
Nicely done. Congrats on making your freezer work extra hard this fall.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Thanks for the write up, I enjoy reading stories from the field. I am saving for a Sightmark wraith. Do you have the 2x16 or 4x32? I am undecided on which to buy. Any advice?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the write up, I enjoy reading stories from the field. I am saving for a Sightmark wraith. Do you have the 2x16 or 4x32? I am undecided on which to buy. Any advice?
I have the wraith 4k max 3-24x . I would certainly recommend the 4k over the regular wraith HD. The scopes use a digital zoom and the extra resolution makes a big difference. If you watch my video, at the end I talk about my thoughts on hunting with a digital scopes. It's awesome being able to record hunts but it's just not the same as a standard scope.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts