6.8 SPC Forums banner

21 - 40 of 78 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Possible birth dates for Christ Sept 2 (Day of Trumpets) Sept 11 (Day of Atonement) Sept 16- 23 (Feast of Tabernacles)
Feasts and Days to observe weren't just given by God randomly, they were given to foreshadow every big occurrence to come. Jesus' entire death and Resurrection occurred on 2 of those Days, why wouldn't His birth also been on an observant day.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I don't get into or celebrate any of the holiday stuff. My worship and honoring of Christ is daily. Without Christ there is no way to be accepted by God. Living for Him helps us to understand that this life is temporary and that things (like we are seeing recently) must come to pass so we can have ETERNAL life in a place not defiled by man's sin.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
89 Posts
All I can add is, since whatever century or year or month or day or hour or minute or second it happened......My Lord has risen from the grave and paid my way. Is there a greater love?

I know they are popular and I know why, but I have no use for "Passion Plays" Sorry, my keyboard is blurry.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Greater love has no one than to lay down his life for his friends. So true. We are doing a "Passion Play" this Sunday. The first in several years. In my view it is a reminder to us that already know the Lord Jesus. Unfortunately we become complacent and take for granted the best gift ever. But perhaps more importantly the "play" may bring someone to a knowledge of Him so that they will have eternal life rather than death. That is what we are called to do.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
This very "timeline" has been in my thoughts lately. Amazing how it came up on the forum! Please help me understand your timeline. Am I understanding that you say Jesus was crucified on Wednesday? My understanding is that He ate with His disciples the afternoon of the day on which the Passover lamb was to be sacrificed (Thursday) Luke 22:7. John 13:1 states it was just before the Passover Festival. Certainly, He willingly was arrested a few hours later which would have been Friday on which He was crucified. He was buried that afternoon before the Sabbath began at dark. The women couldn't visit the tomb because of the Laws of the Sabbath so they had to wait until Sunday at dawn to do so, hence our Easter Sunday celebration.
Interesting ,so you say he was only buried one day and one or two nights . Depending of course how long before daylight he rose .

Sent from my LM-K920 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
He was buried that afternoon before the Sabbath began at dark. The women couldn't visit the tomb because of the Laws of the Sabbath so they had to wait until Sunday at dawn to do so, hence our Easter Sunday celebration.
Like Jonah in the whale, 3 days and 3 nights. He was absolutely out before sunrise on Sunday. By the calendar alone, it can only be Wednesday. I will try to round up the explanations of "preparation day". And yes, the last supper is them celebrating passover.

Matthew 12:40

40 For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the great fish, so will the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

It is impossible to be Friday afternoon to early Sunday and be 3 days and 3 nights.

Reactions: Kansas boy

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Please share the scripture that claims September was the month of birth .
Do you think there is a specific date listed at all? Such as he was born (insert date here)?

He was conceived very near December 25. That was 6 months after John the baptist, his cousin. The Bible says John's father was doing his service, and according to his division it would have been June 20. He then walked home which is inferred to be a few days, and it says she conceived. 6 months later is explicitly mentioned that Mary conceives. September is 9 months later. And as we all know, life begins at conception, and no other place. The fact that it coincides with my European ancestors lighting up the dark night with lights doesn't change anything for me.

This is where those that study the scriptures more than we do come in.

1 Chronicles 24

7 Now the first lot fell to Jehoiarib, the second to Jedaiah, 8 the third to Harim, the fourth to Seorim, 9 the fifth to Malchijah, the sixth to Mijamin, 10 the seventh to Hakkoz, the eighth to Abijah, 11 the ninth to Jeshua, the tenth to Shecaniah, 12 the eleventh to Eliashib, the twelfth to Jakim, 13 the thirteenth to Huppah, the fourteenth to Jeshebeab, 14 the fifteenth to Bilgah, the sixteenth to Immer, 15 the seventeenth to Hezir, the eighteenth to [a]Happizzez, 16 the nineteenth to Pethahiah, the twentieth to [b]Jehezekel, 17 the twenty-first to Jachin, the twenty-second to Gamul, 18 the twenty-third to Delaiah, the twenty-fourth to Maaziah.....19 This was the schedule of their service for coming into the house of the Lord according to their ordinance by the hand of Aaron their father, as the Lord God of Israel had commanded him..... 24 Of the sons of Uzziel, Michah; of the sons of Michah, Shamir. 25 The brother of Michah, Isshiah; of the sons of Isshiah, Zechariah.

Luke 1

5 There was in the days of Herod, the king of Judea, a certain priest named Zacharias, of the division of Abijah....8 So it was, that while he was serving as priest before God in the order of his division, 9 according to the custom of the priesthood,.....23 So it was, as soon as the days of his service were completed, that he departed to his own house. 24 Now after those days his wife Elizabeth conceived;....

So John was conceived a few days after June 20. Oh, some think his birth could be March, based on the order. It can only be March or September. However, there isn't a bunch of new grass in March for the flock to be eating. As they were out at night. After summer works. Right after winter doesn't work too well. March is cold and dark at night.

And many know this part too. He was conceived 6 months after John.

36 Now indeed, Elizabeth your relative has also conceived a son in her old age; and this is now the sixth month for her who was called barren. 37 For with God nothing will be impossible.”

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
None of it is my original research. When I post what someone else says directly, that isn't scripture, I will post it in quotes.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Well I purposely say "He was raised on the third day". 1 Cor. 15:4 "that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures". I with to satisfy my mind also and not try to make God's word fit my ideas. This is how I reconcile the timeline.

What I do understand is this: He died the day before the Sabbath because they were in a hurry to get Him down and buried before sundown (the beginning of the Sabbath). The next day the no-one could attend to him because of the Sabbath laws. Then on sunrise of the day following the Sabbath the women went to the tomb with the intent to attend to the body. Please show me where I'm mistaken.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Well I purposely say "He was raised on the third day". 1 Cor. 15:4 "that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures". I with to satisfy my mind also and not try to make God's word fit my ideas. This is how I reconcile the timeline.

What I do understand is this: He died the day before the Sabbath because they were in a hurry to get Him down and buried before sundown (the beginning of the Sabbath). The next day the no-one could attend to him because of the Sabbath laws. Then on sunrise of the day following the Sabbath the women went to the tomb with the intent to attend to the body. Please show me where I'm mistaken.
That is how I read it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I say it is a very interesting topic and sometimes confusing . Thankfully knowing how long he was in the tomb or what day he was born is important to our salvation . Only the fact it happed is important the rest is incidental so to speak .

Sent from my LM-K920 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
Here are a couple of things to consider: There are sabbaths other than the last day of the week, e.g. the 1st day of the Festival of Unleavened Bread is a sabbath Bible Gateway passage: Leviticus 23:1-8 - New International Version

Messiah was the Perfect Passover Lamb so He would have to be killed on the 14th day of the 1st month just like all of the Passover lambs Bible Gateway passage: Exodus 12:1-11 - New International Version

If the Passover sacrifice was performed on wed afternoon (evening of the 14th), that sundown would begin the 15th day of the month which is the 1st day of the Festival of Unleavened Bread- a sabbath. So thurs. is a sabbath, friday could be the day the ladies prepared burial spices and prepped for the end of the week sabbath, then saturday is another sabbath. That gives you 3 nights and 3 days, just like the scripture says and exactly what Messiah said would be the sign of Jonah given.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
"that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures".
I don't see a need to reconcile a timeline. Paul preached the DBR, and it does not contradict 3 days and 3 nights. Friday afternoon to Saturday night does.

Ultimately, we go with standards. If our own understanding goes against a standard, our understanding is wrong, and our paradigm needs to shift.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I've always wondered about the correct birth date of my lord and savior. I also knew it wasn't Dec 25th (I believe it was a Pagan holiday called Sol Inviticus, a sun god). Clement of Alexandria (an Egyptian Christian Teacher, circa 150-215AD) believed the birth to be around the 20th of April or the 20th of May.

What we do know for sure about the crucifixion, it was at or near Passover. We know it was under the governorship of Pontius Pilate (ruled 26 - 36 AD). It is also known our Lord was entombed 3 days and nights. Most of us has followed the celebrated dates without thought on the dates. I for one am very grateful for the incite that has been given here. Thank you very much!

I also know there is quite a bit lost in translation. Hebrew and Aramaic to Greek, Greek to German, Greek to French, German to English so on and so forth. Not to mention, that there are some things that do not translate from one language to another.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I thank God that the only requirement for salvation is to believe that Jesus is the Son of God and acknowledge Him as your Lord and Savior. Not knowing all the answers discussed here doesn't affect salvation in any shape or form, and no one here suggests that it does. I think as you study God's word and mature as a Christian you want to know the answers to these questions. That's what a disciple does. Also the more I know about the accounts of the Bible the better equipped I am to talk/explain the Gospel to others. In a forum that focused on bullets, powder, and gun stuff it has been encouraging to see men (presumably) boldly share their faith in Christ. Happy Easter celebration to all. He has rose and is at the right hand of God the Father for our sake. Amen.

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I don't get into or celebrate any of the holiday stuff. My worship and honoring of Christ is daily.
I agree czgunner, and that's the way it should be of course.

If the Passover sacrifice was performed on wed afternoon (evening of the 14th), that sundown would begin the 15th day of the month which is the 1st day of the Festival of Unleavened Bread- a sabbath. So thurs. is a sabbath, friday could be the day the ladies prepared burial spices and prepped for the end of the week sabbath, then saturday is another sabbath. That gives you 3 nights and 3 days, just like the scripture says and exactly what Messiah said would be the sign of Jonah given.
Not to debate, but this is correct, it is clear when reading the time line and using the Greek as it was written that there was a rush to take Jesus off the cross because the 1st Sabbath was Passover Day 1. The women could NOT work to prepare the spices for His body, so the day it says they DID prepare spices had to have been a regular day (friday) because NO WORK is done on any Sabbath... it took them most all day before Regular Saturday Sabbath arrives at sundown, which means they didn't have time to visit the tomb, Saturday Sabbath was completed once it was dark again, too dark to visit the Tomb, So visit came Sunday Morning, after He already rose in the middle of the night sometime.

·
Registered
347 Posts
You know how it is, We cling to our guns and our religion.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I agree czgunner, and that's the way it should be of course.

Not to debate, but this is correct, it is clear when reading the time line and using the Greek as it was written that there was a rush to take Jesus off the cross because the 1st Sabbath was Passover Day 1. The women could NOT work to prepare the spices for His body, so the day it says they DID prepare spices had to have been a regular day (friday) because NO WORK is done on any Sabbath... it took them most all day before Regular Saturday Sabbath arrives at sundown, which means they didn't have time to visit the tomb, Saturday Sabbath was completed once it was dark again, too dark to visit the Tomb, So visit came Sunday Morning, after He already rose in the middle of the night sometime.
I would have to agree this. Although I have never really thought about it before. Makes total since. Thank you again everyone for your precious participation. Happy Easter! He is risen!

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Good stuff guys! Let us reason together for a deeper understanding of the feasts and their prophetic fulfillment in Yeshua. Please understand my avoidance of using the term Jesus because of it being a modern name given to The Lord. Even the 1611 KJV used the name Iesous. Yeshua, his Hebrew name, translates as salvation, which He is in fact. His name is Salvation!

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
I would have to agree this. Although I have never really thought about it before. Makes total since. Thank you again everyone for your precious participation. Happy Easter! He is risen!
Good stuff guys! Let us reason together for a deeper understanding of the feasts and their prophetic fulfillment in Yeshua. Please understand my avoidance of using the term Jesus because of it being a modern name given to The Lord. Even the 1611 KJV used the name Iesous. Yeshua, his Hebrew name, translates as salvation, which He is in fact. His name is Salvation!
AMEN

21 - 40 of 78 Posts