6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night, if you would have looked at the moon, that would have been the same moon Jesus saw after stepping out of the tomb.
3 days past full moon which was His crucifixion day, (and yes, He was buried for 3 days)

He rose during the dark of night, which could have been anytime after sunset and before sunrise (a Jewish day started at sunset, not midnight, and ended the next sunset.)
A month was a moon cycle during bible times, and week days were just 1-7, 7 being a Sabbath Saturday.
There existed NO 365 day calendar so Jewish Holidays were celebrated on the same day every year according to moon cycles and month name.

Just a tidbit if you're interested.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Last night, if you would have looked at the moon, that would have been the same moon Jesus saw after stepping out of the tomb.
3 days past full moon which was His crucifixion day, (and yes, He was buried for 3 days)
View attachment 69225

He rose during the dark of night, which could have been anytime after sunset and before sunrise (a Jewish day started at sunset, not midnight, and ended the next sunset.)
A month was a moon cycle during bible times, and week days were just 1-7, 7 being a Sabbath Saturday.
There existed NO 365 day calendar so Jewish Holidays were celebrated on the same day every year according to moon cycles and month name.

Thank you very much for this very important information. I for one highly appreciate this tidbit.

Reactions: Ratdog68

·
Super Moderator
22,178 Posts
He is risen, therefore there is redemption, healing, life everlasting, joy and hope.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thanks for posting this! Encouraging. I didn't realize there are some spiritual brothers here. I'm so thankful He showed His salvation in Messiah, gifted His Spirit, revealed His true name (hint: it's in Hebrew and hidden by translations), and is teaching His Torah (instructions for a blessed life). May His Shalom be upon you all!

·
Registered
347 Posts
John 3:16 KJV
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I like to read such things. Non believing Jews (outside the faith) that are orthodox are helpful with text from the "New Testament". Like pointing out he was crucified on Wednesday. He was in the tomb 3 days and 3 nights, before a high Sabbath, the preparation day, etc.

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
"And at the end of the Shabbat, as it began to dawn on the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene came, and the other Mary to see the tomb" Mt.28:1
It was prior to the women's arrival that and earthquake shook the place. This "earthquake" was the angel of the L-rd descending from heaven. This angel was sent to roll the stone from the opening of the tomb. After completing his task, the angel sat upon the large stone which had been used to seal the tomb. Notice that the women who arrived at the tomb seeking Yeshua did not see the angel at this moment. They first spoke to the angel who informed them that Yeshua was not in the tomb, for He had risen. Then the angel showed them the place where Yeshua had laid.
ouk estin wde, hgerqh gar kaqwV eipen: deute idete ton topon opou ekeito.
"He is not here, for He has been raised just as He said. Come see the place where he was laid." Mt.28:6 ( He is not here, He has been roused..... CLV)

Many Bibles translate hgerqh* with the words, "He is risen". This is not correct. The Greek work is constructed in the aorist passive. This means that Yeshua did not rise by means of Himself, but rather He was made to rise, by God the Father. Although this is not proper English, the passive voice demands that the reader understand in rising from the dead, Yeshua depended solely upon His heavenly Father.

*ἐγείρω
egeirō
eg-i'-ro
to waken (transitively or {intransitively}) that {is} rouse (literally from {sleep} from sitting or {lying} from {disease} from death;

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
And he was born of the water (live birth) in September. December 25 would be very close to conception. But we can save that for Christmas. :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
And he was born of the water (live birth) in September. December 25 would be very close to conception. But we can save that for Christmas. :)
Very prophetic how The Light of the World, who gives light to all men, was conceived during Hanukkah, the Festival of Dedication/Lights when the Temple was rededicated from paganism and the menorah was relit. Then born 9 months later during the the Festival of Tabernacles to dwell (tabernacle) among men.

Amazing how it was all prophesied in advance and foreshadowed in all of the scriptural festivals/feasts!

·
Registered
91 Posts
I like to read such things. Non believing Jews (outside the faith) that are orthodox are helpful with text from the "New Testament". Like pointing out he was crucified on Wednesday. He was in the tomb 3 days and 3 nights, before a high Sabbath, the preparation day, etc.
This very "timeline" has been in my thoughts lately. Amazing how it came up on the forum! Please help me understand your timeline. Am I understanding that you say Jesus was crucified on Wednesday? My understanding is that He ate with His disciples the afternoon of the day on which the Passover lamb was to be sacrificed (Thursday) Luke 22:7. John 13:1 states it was just before the Passover Festival. Certainly, He willingly was arrested a few hours later which would have been Friday on which He was crucified. He was buried that afternoon before the Sabbath began at dark. The women couldn't visit the tomb because of the Laws of the Sabbath so they had to wait until Sunday at dawn to do so, hence our Easter Sunday celebration.

·
Super Moderator
22,178 Posts
The first words recorded in Scripture from the Father in Genesis, Let there be Light! The theme of the Bible!
I would suggest that John 1:1-3 might be chronologically correct to precede Gen. 1:1 in that it tells us:
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
The same was in the beginning with God.
All things were made by him, and without him was not anything made that was made.

Further clarification comes in John 1:14:
And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father), full of grace and truth.

This (accepted by faith) puts to bed the question of the deity of Jesus. This is the stumbling block of the Jews, and the thorn in the side of Islam. For it was the seed of Abraham (through Jacob) which was the promised seed, not the see of Ishmael (son of Hagar). Both of these look to Abraham, but only ONE is the promised seed.

I love Strong's Concordance. It allows you to dig into the original language, and to find little nuggets of truth which one might miss otherwise. For example, in Gen. 1:1 where it says: In the beginning God... "God" in the original language is the translated word "Elohim". "El" denotes "God", "him" denotes plurality, in the male gender. (sorry feminism).

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Please share the scripture that claims September was the month of birth .

Sent from my LM-K920 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
1 - 20 of 78 Posts