6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And by Sierra I mean a Chevrolet Sierra 1500! :lol:

Sorry for the crappy quality, took the picture with my cell phone before I wrote the accident report. And Before anyone starts counting points, I dont know how to score a rack(yet) but there were 15 "points" but one or two were not quite an inch

·
Registered
603 Posts
Oh crap! Bet the truck is messed up big time! I hope there was only one fatality. :lol:
That's a really nice buck! Were you able to salavage any meat?

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually it wasnt messed up to badbump, grill, hood, ad one headlight, but all fixable. The owner of the truck had loaded up before I got there, and they said that they were gong to go clean it, but im unaware if they got anything worthwhile from it. I looked to be a low speed impact so ybe it didnt damage tebuk too much. Funny things is that it happened on a bridge, never worked a car vs. deer on a bridge before

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
That's a fine buck ...too bad about the owner's truck.

Several years ago I had returned on a Sunday night from dropping my deer off to have processed and my wife and I were headed into Eureka MO to have dinner. On the way a S10 in front of us hit a nice four point buck just after crossing the Merrimec River Bridge. It knocked it down but it got back up and limped off the road.

After ordering our dinner, I went back to the scene, found the blood trail and tracked it about 150 yds into a wooded area where I found the buck dead against a fence it was trying to jump. Went back to the restaurant and called a neighbor who worked for the MO conservation dept and she put me in touch with an agent who called our deer processor and provided authorization to bring the deer in for processing. After the wife and I ate dinner we went back up to the site and she helped me field dress her first deer. It was great...! Pre-Tenderized.... :mrgreen:

That Christmas she bought me a hat that said: "Roadkill Cafe....You kill 'em...we grill'em..." :lol:

That's what the truck owner needs now...

Kerry

·
Registered
603 Posts
:lol:
A buck was hit near my house several years ago and the trooper gave the deer to me because the driver didn't want it. Skinning that thing was a big waste of time. Almost every piece of meat was bloodshot and most of the larger bones were broken. I ended up dumping it in the gulley behind the house for the critters to munch on.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just to clarfy, I wasnt driving the truck taht killed the deer, I was the responding deputy that worked the accident, I just saw the huge rack and clicked off a couple of pictures, mainly to piss off a couple of my fellow trophy hunting deputies

·
Registered
7,444 Posts
That is a nice deer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts