6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,732 Posts
Thanks...anyone got a link to a thread here with reload data for these bullets for 308 win?

Found one, thanks

·
Registered
6,732 Posts
Anyone know what minimum expansion speed is on the 130 -319 bullet is? Anyone done expansion testing?

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Got 500 in the mail today and they look real good. Advertised as new, not pull downs and appear to be new. Works out to 28 cents apiece. Good with me!

·
Premium Member
10,783 Posts
Got 500 in the mail today and they look real good. Advertised as new, not pull downs and appear to be new. Works out to 28 cents apiece. Good with me!
500 at a time isn't a bad price...100 at a time is expensive.

·
Registered
6,732 Posts
H , I know you have shot some of these...any idea of minimum expansion velocity on these bullets ?

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I hear that...especially since I only paid $47.99/250 from Midway last November.

·
Banned
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
if Midway is to be believed it's a one time deal, they haven't had any since, no one has any additional factory loads. i just unboxed 2000 of them, and ordered some more too LOL can't let those black out folks scarf em all up

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
if Midway is to be believed it's a one time deal, they haven't had any since, no one has any additional factory loads. i just unboxed 2000 of them, and ordered some more too LOL can't let those black out folks scarf em all up
That's what Midway says...I'm using them in an x39 AR with a .308 bore....works really well. I haven't loaded any in .308 win....yet. LOL

·
Premium Member
10,783 Posts
H , I know you have shot some of these...any idea of minimum expansion velocity on these bullets ?
Sorry, don't know. They say the front half comes apart easy but the solid copper rear half penetrates well. Google terminal performance MK319. There is a bunch of stuff out there I just can't remember the specifics.

·
Registered
6,732 Posts
Sorry, don't know. They say the front half comes apart easy but the solid copper rear half penetrates well. Google terminal performance MK319. There is a bunch of stuff out there I just can't remember the specifics.
I Googled all kinds of stuff on them...best I could find was 1900-2000 fps from some schmoe on arf--- no solid data or proof though--- guys seem to like them for 300bo and 7.62x39 also...seem to be good on hogs but no solid info on minimum expansion velocity

·
Registered
458 Posts
here's a thread at the m14/m1a board, has loads and data, didn't see any expansion info, but it might be buried in there somewhere

http://m14forum.com/ammunition/111852-federal-t762tnb1-ammo-review-road-clone-pic-heavy.html
That is actually my thread in the M14Forum.
I was getting around 2860 fps out of my 16" M1A Socom 16 with the Federal factory ammo.
My reloads gave best accuracy at around 2830 fps with the same rifle using Ramshot Tac.
I got a few thousand of the projectiles MidwayUSA was selling . The ones in the thread where pulls.
Been working on loads for my AR's so I have not shot the new ones yet.
I am going to try Accurate 2460 or Ramshot X-Terminator next.

Here's an archived picture from AR15.com of a what it did to a hog.

This was with a 300 Blackout pistol. Poster said he had shot 6 pigs, all downed with a single shot.

Personally I have not had the chance to use these other than on paper.
I do know that when the pulls were available back in 2012. Had to compete with the Blackout crowd to get them.

Glenn

·
Banned
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hello Glenn, hope you don't mind i linked your thread. would love to see more of your recipes for this bullet. i just got 2k new bullets from everglades and will be running them thru a 16" and 18" 308

·
Registered
441 Posts
I am looking at these bullets for my 308Win 16" bolt gun and my 16" AR/308 also. Please keep us informed what you find out.
P.S. could these be a good replacement for my beloved Barnes 130gr TSX ?? ---pruhdlr

·
Registered
458 Posts
hello Glenn, hope you don't mind i linked your thread. would love to see more of your recipes for this bullet. i just got 2k new bullets from everglades and will be running them thru a 16" and 18" 308
No worries. The threads are there to help those searching for knowledge.

Here's my load for the MK319 MOD 0 projectiles for my Socom 16.
Of course first the obligatory warning. This load works in my particular rifle and may not translate to yours. Please work up a load for you own rifle.
Okay that said.

Projectile; Federal(ATK) MK319 MOD 0 OTMRP
Brass; Lithuanian once fired GGG "03-04" just before NATO acceptance. Trim case to 2.005"
Powder; Ramshot TAC, Charge 46 gr.
Primer; CCI #34
C.O.A.L, 2.745"
A few notes. I am seating these projectiles deeper than the Federal loads. They just shot more efficiently at that length.
GGG brass is not widely available but the years that I got them are excellent, think LC toughness with Lapua quality.
So adjustments in powder charges may be needed for other brass.

At some point I will get to loading the new MK319 bullets with Accurate 2460 and Ramshot X-Terminator.
I'm thinking Accurate 2460 should hit the velocity/pressure window for my Socom 16 between 44.5-45.0 grains and X-Terminator at 43.9-44.5 grains. Only time will tell.

Thanks
Glenn

·
Banned
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thanks, any h335 or 332 or CFE info over there for this round?

·
Banned
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
finallly have some brass processed, seated 2 dummy rounds to test chambering and extraction. i have 322, CFE, 335, and 4198 i'm going to make 2 loads with each powder about 5 grains apart. once i get them ready and shoot em up i'll post some targets with all the info cept velocity cause i don't have a chrono. be shooting at an indoor range under perfect conditions. gonna use IMI brass trimmed to 2.005 and CCI 34 primers in all of them. OAL will be 2.745 for this batch.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts