6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put together a 12.5 inch 6.8 upper to use on my radical 7.62x39 "other firearm". I live in commie NY but fortunately Cuomo's safe act only applies to rifles and since an "other" isn't a rifle I can have all the banned features. First weekend out, I had a friend's 1-6x vortex and brought some 90 tnt loads i developed for 16" YHM barrel. First 3 shots were all touching each other at a 100 yards. Velocity was at 2650 using h322, about 100 fps below my 16". This past weekend I put a sightmark mspec red dot sight on it. Its a great budget red dot, im very happy so far. The shooting bench was at 75 yards so I just left it and started shooting. With the same 90tnt load the First 4 shots were just above the bullseye and about an inch group(pic bellow). Its always nice when I new sight needs almost no adjustment. I then sent some 90 tnts loaded with CFE black through the chrono and they were doing 2840 fps. I had the chrono on the table and was shooting standing so not the most stable but still had 2 shots under an inch apart and 2 fliers about an inch away on either side. Next I shot some 130 speer btsp loaded with 8208xbr. 29 grains was giving 2351 fps and 29.5 was averaging 2373. Again I was shooting standing up so not sure how well they really group yet. 2350 fps with a 130 out of a 12.5 inch barrel is definitely pretty good. So far I'm loving this set up. Next time I go out ill be shooting for groups.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
21,597 Posts
Gotta love it when a plan comes together.

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
I always laugh when people sneer at the 12.5 because they need velocity. That is the best aspect of the 6.8-the fact that velocity deteriorates very slowly with barrel shortening. Glad it is turning out so well for you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts