6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The first of the bullet info gathering threads, lets try to keep the chit chat to a minium and not argu with others opinions. Please just post the facts or your experience with the bullets. How they performed on game, the accuracy of the bullet and loading data that produced good accuracy. If you don't have any experience please let those that do have experience provide the info for others to learn from.
length .960"
BC-.324

·
Registered
474 Posts
Hands down, one of the most accurate 6.8 SPC bullets. Pretty much every powder worked well with this bullet. 28.2 GR of H322 and 28.5 GR of Benchmark produced great accuracy. Ball powders also worked great. The only negative is the low BC.

·
Premium Member
6,322 Posts
28.0gr H322, seated to 2.275, SSA brass, CCI 400's, Kotonics 11:1 16" barrel

·
Premium Member
6,322 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,322 Posts
Wonder how these would compare to the Nosler 115gr BTHP competition bullets?
Slightly better than the custom comps but the CC's are still sub moa with the same load.

·
Registered
275 Posts

A little load work up over the weekend.

Hornady Brass
CCI 450 primers
AA2200 @ 28.4
5 shot groups.
100 yards

Ill measure seating depth. I measure by ogive, so ill have to see oal sometime for you guys. Fits in standard AR STONER mag, so guessing 2.26 or so.

This and 28.2 where both good groups, 28.2 was better addig up to around 1/2" grouo until I pulled the last shot and made it a 2", so this was the winner for the day around 3/4 - 1" group.

The group with the flyer.

Sent from my secret underground bunker using tapatalk.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Have there been any ballistics tests on these? I've seen a couple gelatin pics floating around the inter Web but not any like the other thread in the sticky.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
645 Posts
Bump. I've had such a good experience loading 69s and 77s in 5.56, I wanted to give this bullet a try. Any other SPCII load data for 2200?

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Bump. I've had such a good experience loading 69s and 77s in 5.56, I wanted to give this bullet a try. Any other SPCII load data for 2200?
I've been trying to find for half the day why I think the 115 Sierra is a slower harder to push projectile that the 115 Custom Comp.
I know I read it or was told it somewhere in my first year or so here.
Back in 08 there was a bit of info on it but that was before 2200.
Since that time most here dont work with it at all.
Heres what I have I found someplace back in 2014

·
Registered
645 Posts
About the same velocity as the 120 SST....but 5 gr lighter. Thanks for looking that up. Guess BC is worse. I like Sierra bullets as they have been very consistent in their weights (for example the 69 gr SMK are always 69.0 in the batches I get). I figured they would be an accurate round at least. It says they were specifically designed for the 6.8 on their site. I had higher hopes for velocity, but I'd also like to get a longer range bullet for target practice without modifying my mags (other than the awesome feed lip mod!). Strange that no one picked up on this bullet since they are so popular in 5.56. Oh well - I'll keep watching to see if others have good/bad experience with it.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I have been thinking of switching from the Hornady 110BTHP to these for my match ammo, but I don't often get much time to develop a new load. I wonder if I can still get near 2800fps from my 24" barrel like I do with the 110.

I may buy a box or two and try them out.

-Alexander

1 - 14 of 14 Posts