6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The first of the bullet info gathering threads, lets try to keep the chit chat to a minium and not argu with others opinions. Please just post the facts or your experience with the bullets. How they performed on game, the accuracy of the bullet and loading data that produced good accuracy. If you don't have any experience please let those that do have experience provide the info for others to learn from.
length .975"
BC-.272

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Bullets are fairly inconsistent. Hand sorting results in a 10% reject rate.

After sorting they are a solid 1.5 moa all the way to 400 yds.

28.5 grs 2200
Ssa brass
tula srm primer
2.280" oal

would be a solid value if you didn't have to sort them and loose bullets. Even at that they are good for training. Small 100 bags didn't have to be sorted only bulk quantity.

·
Registered
7,444 Posts
They gain pressure quickly, max for me was 28.5 grains I think of H335, I use them for blasting steel for drills but most of the time I would rather load the 90TNT's.....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Bought 4000 of these Junk bullets, should cost 50% less...the bullet tips are all different widths which makes bullet seating to a consistent COAL impossible. On a good day I can get 3in groups @100yds.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I ran about 100 of these 115 FMJ rounds through my 20" barrel rifle. Group size (scoped rifle) ran 1.5" at 100 yards if I had a steady hold and good trigger control. This was with 28 g of H335.

There were a couple of fliers that went to 3" outside of the group, but I'm thinking that this was the fault of the shooter and not the ammo.

Bottom line. OK bullet. Accurate but not amazing.

Lou Braun

·
Registered
7 Posts
Purchased 200 from a local vendor. Ran about 100 through a 16" RRA 1-10. Hornady and SSA brass. CCI 41's. AA2200 starting load 25.5 to 28. Increased load by .5 for every group. Shot first at 50yrds than at 100yrds.

Some high pressure signs at 27.5 and definately at 28. Some mushrooming and definately flattened primers. Loaded the other 100 at 26 even. Decided that was the best for my POU (home defense and plinking).

Didn't have a chrono so can't tell you the FPS.

Impressions: cheap plinking bullet, very inaccurate (1.5" at 50 and 2" at 100). Also quality control was horrible. Bullets were inconsistent length, diameter (where cannulure was set) and ogive. Very hard to set at a certain OAL. They are readily available in my area.

Probably will go to Sierra Pro Hunters 110 for my plinking and overall. Just $2 more for a box of 100.

·
Registered
148 Posts
After having 500 of the Remington 115gr sitting on my bench for a year, i decided to fix up a few for testing.

All were supplied with H335 in SSA once fired to oal of 2.26. WC 11.3, 1/11 barrel.

28gr of H335 was fine as far as pressure goes. They felt sluggish when fired not having a sharp feeling of performance.

28.2gr started showing slight signs of pressure with swipes.

28.5gr had severe ejector marks.

My conclusion mirrors the above that 28.0gr is about it unless you are able to stretch em out..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts