6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried the search route and didn't find anything current. I have some 115 gr. HPBT with cannelure, Midway repackaged seconds. Not sure of the make but I suspect them to be Sierra Matchkings. I'm wondering if anyone has loaded these with H335. I also have H322 and Reloder7 but looking at what data I can find, the 335 has a lower pressure for similar velocities than the other two. I have a 16" Doublestar and an 18" ARP upper and will shoot the same load in both. Some will surely say go with 2200 but I don't have any and rarely go to town. The way things are, not sure if I could find some anyway. I'll do a safe workup with 335 and see what velocities I can get. I think I can load these to 2.270", I'll know for sure once I get started. Anyone got a favorite recipe?

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks greentick, I looked over all that old data. Just wondering if anyone is doing anything with it currently.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Did you check the Bullet Info threads? I’ve personally posted data in the 115 Nos CC which is similar to the Sierra, however, there is a thread on The Sierra bullet as well. Not a lot of current data as I think the bullets have been well tested, including with H335

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Found that thread in a search, then later couldn't remember how I did. I wore the search window out trying to find it again. Thanks DC.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have had really good luck with 115gr Sierra Matchking and H322 in my 18” Bison upper. Shot my biggest whitetail with those loads. If the bullets you are looking at have a cannelure, they possibly are Hornaday, which also load nice. If they’re a good value, get them and start tinkering with loads is all I can say.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I don't know if this is helpful because my HPBTs are 110 gr. Hornadys. I tried my best to use H335 because I had it on hand. Results ran from mediocre to disappointing. I shot one sub moa group but when I tried to back it up the load went 1.4". On average everything averaged between 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 inches. Not terrible, great even when compared to the AKs I used to have, but not what I expect from a heavy ass, "tactical, sniper" barrel on an AR.

I'm on to H322 now. So far, not that much better than H335 but I have noticed a difference in the shape of my groups. There's less stringing with flyers; the groups are more cluster shaped. That may not mean much, but to me it indicates I've MAY have something that's a bit more likely to be repeatable. I'd rather have a cosistent 1 1/4" load than one that shoots sub moa one time and then can't back it up with a group less than twice that.

It's miserable hot right now, I'll post again as I work more with the H322 , it it may be awhile.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts