6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what kind of interest there would be if you could buy the 110 grain Sellier & Bellot PTS projectiles for reloading. They are basically a 110 version of the Hornady SST bullets.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How much or how many would it take to be enough interest?
I’m not sure yet. As soon as I find out I’ll let y’all know. I was told someone could probably get some if there was enough people who wanted them.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
The S&B is NOT like a SST . I have taken deer with both and I know for a fact there is a world of difference . SST is a great bullet if you like a bullet that seldom exits . The SST starts expanding and shedding frontal mass early on and does massive damage on entrance side about 1/2 way through the bullet stops expanding at the crimp and it is basically a slug with a slightly wider frontal . Right before or as it strikes the far side the Jacket and core separates and fragments doing extensive damage to whatever is in its path . I have recovered numerous jackets turned backwards just under the hide and empty . The exceptions were two large bucks hit in front upper leg and shoulder, seems hitting hard bone before loosing velosisity can expand it past the crimp and it doesn't come apart . The S&B ptsp is also an excellent bullet but it is a lot less likely to fragment and the jacket holds onto the core and normally leaves an exit similar in appearance to a bonded bullet . ] That said my wife's 16" ARP is the most accurate gun we own period , with factory SST and she loves the results they produce so she is not going to shoot anything else . _ I prefer a big exit wound . I have used about every factory 6.8 game bullet through my 12.5" and 18" on critters and S&B ptsp is my favorite . If it was offered I would definitely load them but cavity back is still # 1 for me . If you don't believe me go to x man's bullet performance and you will see he has basically found out the same thing and I believe has cut into the two and compared . _

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,695 Posts
From the S&B website:

Hunting rifle ammunition with PTS bullets
The PTS bullet was designed and manufactured by Hornady, the largest independent producer of high quality hunting bullets in the world. PTS bullets contain a premium polymer tip for rapid expansion and energy transfer. Its optimum shape enables the bullet to achieve higher speed and trajectory stability.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
From the S&B website:

Hunting rifle ammunition with PTS bullets
The PTS bullet was designed and manufactured by Hornady, the largest independent producer of high quality hunting bullets in the world. PTS bullets contain a premium polymer tip for rapid expansion and energy transfer. Its optimum shape enables the bullet to achieve higher speed and trajectory stability.
Yes but it isn't a v max not SST it's different from either in jacket thickness and performance .

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 33 Posts