6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 10rd mag that is tight in the well. It feeds fine, no issues other than it will not fall free and take a good amount of effort to remove it. This is the slick side mag. I have a 15rd waffle style mag that falls free just fine.
Does anyone else have an issue like this with the slick side mags?

·
Registered
410 Posts
Yes. You have an old PRI magazine. The new PRI's have the waffle pattern. I've owned six of the old PRI's and all of them had issues, some wouldn't drop free, others the follower seemed to drag, making it hard to load rounds. I would call PRI and tell them your problems and see if they will replace the mag for you.

·
Premium Member
6,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
rcrandall said:
Yes. You have an old PRI magazine. The new PRI's have the waffle pattern. I've owned six of the old PRI's and all of them had issues, some wouldn't drop free, others the follower seemed to drag, making it hard to load rounds. I would call PRI and tell them your problems and see if they will replace the mag for you.
Do you really think they would replace it?

·
Registered
60 Posts
angsniper said:
rcrandall said:

I think they will. Most of the better companies, PRI being one of them, want happy customers. Give them a call or drop them a email.

·
Registered
410 Posts
gdonley308 said:
angsniper said:
rcrandall said:

I think they will. Most of the better companies, PRI being one of them, want happy customers. Give them a call or drop them a email.
What he said.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just got one of the 10rd waffle mag and 15rd waffle mag. The 15 drops out like a lead sack but the 10rd takes some pulling to get out of my doublestar lower. One thing about the PRI they sure have alot thicker metal than the new Cproducts 25rd mags I have.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Describe waffle? Mine have some vertical grooves on them. They are sticky as well. The question for me is, do the new ones have as much room to allow the same OAL rounds? As I have some CP mags on order, I can always use the PRI while hunting where mag exchanges isn't as crucial.

·
Premium Member
6,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got an email back from Shawn at PRI. My mag is enroute to him for replacement.
You gotta love companies with great service :D :D :D

·
Registered
7,444 Posts
That is great customer service

·
Premium Member
6,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Magnumwideglide said:
What is Sean's number? I may find it by then but if you have it pass it on plz.
Shawn at PRI: 419-629-2603

·
Premium Member
715 Posts
spoke to him this am on my 10 round mags that will not feed and they are already on the way back to him :D

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Magnumwideglide said:
Thanks for the pic. No mine are not waffle. Paulo, do the new mags that drop free allow the same longer OAL?
The newer ones are supposed to drop free a little better and allow the same OAL. I still have two of the older ones and they drop free and allow 2.305" OAL.

·
Premium Member
6,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
PRI replaced my mag that wouldn't fall free. The new one works just fine! :D
Great customer service.

·
Registered
7,444 Posts
That is great customer service, now we have to get them to permanently fix the feed lip angle.....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts