6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered 2 Box's of 6.8 SPC ammo off their web site...apparently they just started selling loaded ammo, I was trying to find the bullets after seeing how they performed on Deer after watching YouTube. I do hand load ammo but was happy to find they have factory loads for sale. I see they just started offering the 105 grain copper CBB bullet 6.8 SPC factory loaded Ammo and was wondering if anyone has tried them for accuracy and velocity on their chronograph..I have not received mine in the mail yet.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
A lot of us have . I think the website quotes the velocity out of 16" barrel . I load the same brass , bullet and powder( just a smidgen less powder) and get 2470 in 12.5" ARP and 2740 from 18" ARP . Both guns shoot them accurately and their performance on game is great . Every gun shoots different but you should get close to or a little more velocity from the factory loads .

Sent from my LM-K920 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
I ordered 2 boxes today. Anyone know the barrel length the 2750 FPS rating is from?

I have a 3R ARP barrel.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
I ordered 2 boxes today. Anyone know the barrel length the 2750 FPS rating is from?

I have a 3R ARP barrel.
It is reported to be 16" which is probably right since as stated in #2 I get that velocity out of 18" ARP with less powder .

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just ordered 2 Box's of 6.8 SPC ammo off their web site...apparently they just started selling loaded ammo, I was trying to find the bullets after seeing how they performed on Deer after watching YouTube. I do hand load ammo but was happy to find they have factory loads for sale. I see they just started offering the 105 grain copper CBB bullet 6.8 SPC factory loaded Ammo and was wondering if anyone has tried them for accuracy and velocity on their chronograph..I have not received mine in the mail yet.
I received the 2 Box's of Factory loaded 105 grain MKZ 6.8 SPC ammo Friday from CBB and went shooting today ...set up my Chronograph and fired 2 rounds from an 18 inch Barrel with 1:11 twist rate,the First shot velocity was 2817....the second was 2804...the chronograph was set up at ten yards...accuracy wasn't bad but my target was set up at 175 yards, I set it up in the field where the Deer trail enters the field, I have killed many Deer in that exact spot..I need to try that out again...my group was about 4 inches..,,only fired 10 rounds but decided with inflation going crazy I came home and ordered a couple more Box's to have on hand....

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
I received the 2 Box's of Factory loaded 105 grain MKZ 6.8 SPC ammo Friday from CBB and went shooting today ...set up my Chronograph and fired 2 rounds from an 18 inch Barrel with 1:11 twist rate,the First shot velocity was 2817....the second was 2804...the chronograph was set up at ten yards...accuracy wasn't bad but my target was set up at 175 yards, I set it up in the field where the Deer trail enters the field, I have killed many Deer in that exact spot..I need to try that out again...my group was about 4 inches..,,only fired 10 rounds but decided with inflation going crazy I came home and ordered a couple more Box's to have on hand....
Depending on what bullets you have been shooting a good barrel cleaning may be needed to shrink group but as you know 2 shots don't really give an accurate show of potential . Velocity is right where expected

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Went shooting today at 100 yards I was able to get a 3/4 inch group, 2 inches high which will put me on at 200 yards...just hope these 105 grain Bullets leave as a good blood trail as other Hunters have said.. .

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Went shooting today at 100 yards I was able to get a 3/4 inch group, 2 inches high which will put me on at 200 yards...just hope these 105 grain Bullets leave as a good blood trail as other Hunters have said.. .
Shot these again this past weekend again with excellent results, 2 weeks ago I ordered a couple more Box's of the 105 grain, they came yesterday, a little on the pricey side but everything is these days, I'll probably shoot another Box this weekend just for a little more trigger time and that will leave me with 3 1/2 Box's, maybe I'll see a Coyote..

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Shot these again this past weekend again with excellent results, 2 weeks ago I ordered a couple more Box's of the 105 grain, they came yesterday, a little on the pricey side but everything is these days, I'll probably shoot another Box this weekend just for a little more trigger time and that will leave me with 3 1/2 Box's, maybe I'll see a Coyote..
Or 2 . I shared a video last year of two coyotes being taken out with one 105 cavity back . They lined up perfect and it exited the first ones neck and entered through the shoulder of the second one . The entrance on the second one was a large fully expanded tri hole and the exit was as big as a silver dollar . That was from 12.5" at around 100 yd .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts