6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Part of our series of bullet info gathering threads, let's try to keep the chit chat to a minium and not argue with other's opinions. Please just post the facts or your experience with the bullets; how they performed on game, the accuracy of the bullet, and loading data that produced good accuracy. If you don't have any experience please let those that do provide the info for others to learn from.

Length - 1.08"
BC - .323

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
The Lehigh Defense 100gr CC is an all-brass bullet. Terminal performance testing with a 6.8mm did not yield results consistent with the stated design objectives nor was the minimum expansion velocity anywhere close to 2000 fps listed on their website. Only the highest velocity bullet tested at a range of 25 yards expanded enough to break into recoverable pieces. Expansion for this highest velocity round was close to the bottom of its expansion cavity (which was not very deep to begin with). However, the shorten bullet shank was still too long to remain stable and it tumbled after expansion resulting in over-penetration - 1:10 twist did not help at these 6.8mm velocities. Lehigh Defense has some interesting bullet concepts but it appears not be have been applied effectively for this bullet to be used in a 6.8mm SPC.

Full report at this link: http://68forums.com/forums/showthre...et-Performance&p=642565&viewfull=1#post642565

From 6.8 SPC II - 18” ARP 1:11 barrel, 60F
100gr Lehigh Defense CC – 2820 fps (29.5gr AA2200) [1.080” BC 0.323] – 2.295” COAL

Caution - these loads worked in my rifle but this is no guarantee that they will work safely in yours.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Xman, was this in your wet phonebook/bagged newspaper test medium?

I wonder if Lehigh didn't engineer these bullets to look fantastic in 10% gelatin at >3000fps and hoping fro dramatic tests on YouTube to sell the bullet?

I like innovation but it seems to have missed the mark for 6.8, probably looks good in a 270WSM or 270Win cartridge though

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts