6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I "pin" or otherwise permanently attach a 4+ inch suppressor to a 12.5 inch barrel is that a one stamp or a two stamp weapon?

· Super Moderator
12,555 Posts
One. You are only getting a stamp for the suppressor. The pin and weld makes the firearm a standard length rifle so no SBR stamp required.

· Registered
156 Posts
I have two permanently attached silencers. One to a 12.5” ARP (SiCo Omega with two blind pins, one for the mount and one for the silencer to the mount) and a 10.5” 5.56 (Sig SRD556). Both shoot well and I haven’t thought twice about it.

· Super Moderator
12,555 Posts
Here is another thought: If you have a suppressor that has screw in or screw on endcaps, does pinning it effectively make it the 16" legal length since you could unscrew the tube and front end cap and just leave the back end cap pinned to the barrel?

· Registered
156 Posts
Here is another thought: If you have a suppressor that has screw in or screw on endcaps, does pinning it effectively make it the 16" legal length since you could unscrew the tube and front end cap and just leave the back end cap pinned to the barrel?
that’s why on my SiCo Omega, I needed two pin and welds, one for the DT mount to the barrel, the second is for the silencer to the the DT mount

· Super Moderator
12,555 Posts
that’s why on my SiCo Omega, I needed two pin and welds, one for the DT mount to the barrel, the second is for the silencer to the the DT mount
I wonder if anyone makes a QD mount that is at least 4" long so you could pin and weld that without having to pin and weld the suppressor as well. Of course that would be for those of you using a 12.5" barrel.

· Registered
9,038 Posts
JMHO: If all that is there is the end cap then it would not be legal because you could create a barrel under the 16 inch minimum. If the end cap that attaches to the muzzle does not come off but you are able to remove the baffles from the muzzle end it would still be legal because the rifled portion of the barrel is still rifled and the "tube" that was the suppressor would still keep you over the 16 inch minimum.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts