Welcome to the Home of the 6.8 SPC - 68forums.com.

Advertise Here
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    68Forums.com Team Member

Question 6mm WOA or 6mm BRX

Eventually I am going to have one of these uppers. So far there isn't alot of info out there about these new wildcats. Just wanting to know if there is anybody out there that has experience with them. Any info will be appreciated on the pros and cons of each.

Makes sense to use the 6mm WOA being that I already have a 6.8 spc but the extra case capacity of the BRX is tempting.
    What this world needs is a few more rednecks..... With 6.8spc AR-15's.

I just simply prefer to shoot things that bleed...

68Forums.com Team Member

Give H a shout. He's got the skinny on the 6mm BRX, seeing how he's got a bolt & extension cut for one already

I deal with about 5%-10% of the population 80%-90% of the time...

Owner: Silverback FA

68Forums.com Team Member

a 6x41 is in my future...
    Molṑn Labé
    http://www.dtic.mil/ndia/2008Intl/Roberts.pdf
    "I figure we are gunman because we are better then most, and it beats branding cows or digging copper" -Appaloosa
    Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.-Thomas Paine

68Forums.com lifer

Quote Originally Posted by marinesg1012 View Post
    a 6x41 is in my future...
    I'm looking forward to it, too. H's 6x41 is the closest I know of to my vision of the ideal assault rifle cartridge.

68Forums.com Team Member

Question

What is the "6 x 41" ?
    What this world needs is a few more rednecks..... With 6.8spc AR-15's.

I just simply prefer to shoot things that bleed...

68Forums.com Team Member

It is the 6.8 SPC necked down to 6mm and shortened 2mm..... it was designed to use the 100 grain 6mm target bullets... I am planning on using it for shooting paper and varmints at range... my 6.8's will stay my real hunting rigs.
    Molṑn Labé
    "I figure we are gunman because we are better then most, and it beats branding cows or digging copper" -Appaloosa
    Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.-Thomas Paine

68Forums.com Team Member

I have a 6mm AR upper that I use for my match rifle. It is a 6.5 Grendel necked down to 6mm. Functions perfectly and it is so accurate that it is almost boring to shoot.

68Forums.com Team Member

That is exactly why I am looking at the round, the bullets available for the 6mm is amazing as compared to the lighter offerings of the 6.8.. I still want to use my 68 for killing stuff but if I am going to be shooting small targets at range the better bullet offering will help tremendously.
    Molṑn Labé

68Forums.com Team Member

That is exactly why I chose it. I am not a .223 guy, not bashing it, I know a lot of guys on here like it. I have three AR's and none of them are chambered in .223. 6mm has proven itself in the benchrest game to be one of, if not the most accurate projectile available. I use 105gr. SMK's and 100yd groups are one ragged hole all day long at around 2700fps.

68Forums.com Team Member

what is the BC of those 105 SMK's? Do you think you could push them harder or where you getting swipes?
    Molṑn Labé