Welcome to the Home of the 6.8 SPC - 68forums.com.

Advertise Here
    New to the 6.8

Default laser bore sighters

does anyone make a laser bore sight for the 6.8 cal.?? and were can we get them???? if not available YET! then why and when could we expect them. or are we the unwanted step childern of AR calibers available!

68Forums.com Team Member

Default Re: laser bore sighters

If you are willing to use the one that fits in the end of the barrel, you can use one that works on a .270. If your only wanting one of the bullet look a like lasers then it may be a while before they are availible

Contact your elected representative in Congress... Every email counts!
    http://www.congress.org/congressorg/...046526&type=ML

Gone

I use a Bushnell Laser Boresighter, which can be used on anything from a .22 to a .50 caliber. Gets me on paper at 50 yards all the time.
    http://policesignatures.com/signatures/member105.png
    http://militarysignatures.com/signatures/member3140.png

1994-1998: US Army (Engineer). Retired as an E-5 (Sergeant).
    2000-Present: Police Officer.

68Forums.com lifer

Call me old fashioned, but I just look down the bore and compare it to the scope. That always gets me within about 6 inches (except for the time I had two identical targets side by side and couldn't figure out why I wasn't printing on the target. A closer look at the targets showed a pretty 3 shot group in the middle of the other target :lol: .

Edited: Damned lack of spell check.
    Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: [on the ship's intercom] This is the captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then - explode.

I use the one from cabela's lets me sight the scope and throws a line horizontly that lets me level the scope.

train like your life depends on it, Because it does!
    A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Posted by HTR:
    They're smarter than dogs, warier than turkeys or deer, and more evil than a dungeon full of Mansons

Acu-Sight Bore Sight Laser 6.8 SPC

Quote Originally Posted by joshuades View Post
    Call me old fashioned, but I just look down the bore and compare it to the scope.
    This ^^^. Its free and effective. Just take the upper off and set it on a rest. Aim it at something across the street, yard, or whatever. Look down the bore then through the scope. Adjust the scope accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by EDUBYA View Post
    This ^^^. Its free and effective. Just take the upper off and set it on a rest. Aim it at something across the street, yard, or whatever. Look down the bore then through the scope. Adjust the scope accordingly.
    Best method I found. Works great on bolt guns, or uppers, and it's free and fast. You just need a solid, secure rest.
    NRA Life Member
    NAHC Member
    Southington Sportsmens Association Member
    Coalition of CT Sportsmen Member
    CT Citizens Defense League Member
    Ducks Unlimited Member
    Trout Unlimited Member

wow! really expensive!

6.8 SPC Lover

I've always used the LaserLyte system which goes into the end of your barrel it covers everything from 22-50 cal plus shotguns. It has an adapter which will let you level your scope perfectly. I am on my third laser because I keep dropping them on my concrete floor in the basement and knocking the laser all to hell. It's easier to buy a replacement than to have them re-calibrated, $40.00. But if you want to have one of my buggered up ones to send back, your welcomed to it.
    Dulce bellum inexperts (War is delightful to those with no experience of it)
    I consider religion like my penis, I don't whip it out in public nor try to stuff it down my child's throat.