Welcome to the Home of the 6.8 SPC - 68forums.com.

Advertise Here
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    6.8 Member

Default The best muzzle brake- compensator

Hy,
    What is the most efficace muzzle brake, or compensator on 16 inch barrel in 6.8 carbine.?

I'm interested at a good brake for reduce recoil and elevation, is not important if is not a good flashhider
    Last edited by Diegus; 09-06-2010 at 10:49 AM.

6.8 SPC Lover

Just from what I've read, either the Smith Vortex or the Yankee Hill (YHM) Phantom.
    Vince
    United States Marine Corps '94-'00

http://68forums.com/forums/group.php?groupid=10

“No person was ever honored for what he received. Honor has been the reward for what he gave.” -Calvin Coolidge

"The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle." -Gen. John "Black Jack" Pershing, U.S. Army

68Forums.com Team Member

I think you're going to get a lot of answers depending on exactly what characteristics you want. I personally favor the BatleComp which is optimized for combat shooting. A lot of folks also like the AR15 Performance MCD which is adjustable. I personally have never seen a good comparison of everything out there against each other.

6.8 Member

The battle comp is very interesting,

At origin i have think pwi, i have one of this on my 223 and is very good, but i dont know if whit 6.8 reciol the effect is already good

68Forums.com Team Member

I haven't tried the pwl so I can't really compare them. I have BattelComp's on both my 7.5" and 12.5" and it works great on both. The 7.5" was a real bear to double tap with before I put it on. Now it only moves a tiny bit when I fire. DoubleTaps are incredibly easy, all it does is push straight back.

68Forums.com Moderator

+100

I use the PWS-30 on every 6.8 , 7.62 x 39 and .308 AR I own.

Recoil and muzzle rise control are excellent.

However anyone shooting next to you will need good ear protection as the muzzle blast is directed to both sides of the shooter.

Kerry
    Law enforcement officers must understand that armed citizens are there to defend them when they are outnumbered…and to outnumber them, if they enforce unconstitutional laws.
    __________________________________________________ ___________________
    300 AAC Blackout Chambering Cancelled:

Some time ago, Savage announced it would be chambering the Model 10 Precision Carbine in 300 AAC Blackout. Since that time, we have tested many variants of this cartridge in various barrel lengths and rates of twist. This exhaustive testing left us quite unsatisfied with the accuracy we were able to get from the subsonic loads in this chambering. Accuracy with the lighter, faster loads in this caliber was actually quite good. But we believe the real value in this cartridge lies in the use of subsonic loads for suppressed rifles. Therefore we have decided to scrap the project.
    It is our understanding that pushing these heavy, slow bullets presents challenges not found in typical loadings and that our experience is not unique. Subsequently, many in the industry have simply adopted a lower standard for accuracy for these subsonic loads. While this does seem reasonable and we don't criticize any in our industry that have taken this approach, it just won't work for Savage.
    Our brand was built on accuracy and we are too protective of our reputation for building the most accurate factory rifles available. We would rather walk away from this opportunity than sell a product that requires an explanation.

Retired, Burned Out :
    68forums.com Moderator
    Gatewaycobraclub.com Moderator
    Ex-Mfg. Engineer
    Ex-Tool Room Machinist
    Ex-CNC Programmer
    Ex-Stearman Pilot
    Ex-Racing Engine Builder/Shop Owner
    Ex-Funny Bike Builder/Competitor

Currently in 12th year as active duty Cranky Old Fart...

RVN 68-72

Banned

This will be available for the 6.8 in about a month and will probably be what I try as my first comp, I use Vortex FH's on all my other rifles and while flash is completely eliminated it doesn't stay on target very well.

I like both the ARp MCD and the Black river tactical device also. I have also shot a Noveske pig and it is nice.

I am trying the battle comp next if it compares to the S&J Titan like every one claims but with a reduction in noise then I will switch to it exclusively.

train like your life depends on it, Because it does!
    A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Posted by HTR:
    They're smarter than dogs, warier than turkeys or deer, and more evil than a dungeon full of Mansons

6.8 Member

Quote Originally Posted by EWP View Post
    This will be available for the 6.8 in about a month and will probably be what I try as my first comp, I use Vortex FH's on all my other rifles and while flash is completely eliminated it doesn't stay on target very well.

Wow! It's appear wery cool!

What is the name of factory and the price range ( more o less)?

I have time for take a choice becuase the rifle came in few monts ( the time for italian market with end user system)

For now the most pribably choice is the primary weapons but i am open at any suggestion or at any news are incoming on market!