Welcome to the Home of the 6.8 SPC - 68forums.com.

Advertise Here
    New to the 6.8

Default Load data for Barnes TAC-X

Can anyone shed some light on Barnes TAC-X 110gr?

I'm using a 16'' 6.8 x 43 from H.

I'm looking for charge with R10X, and COL.

Also, if anyone has loaded these before, and knows if they were worth the money or not.

Thanks

68Forums.com lifer

Tac-X are the same as the standard TSX.

I just ordered the 95 gr TAC-TX, are those the same as the 95 gr TTSX as well, I couldn't tell the difference? And as long as I'm on the subject does anyone have the BC data for this bullet. Barnes says its higher than the TSX but give no data on their site for the tipped version. Back to the 110 gr, I load the tipped version of that, I seem to do well @ 29 gr R-10x, COL @2.293(max mag will allow), in a Stag mdl 7, 20.77" SS hbar,spec 11, 4 grv. Using Hornady Brass, & Rem. 7 1/2 Primers.

68Forums.com lifer

Quote Originally Posted by hawkdaddy View Post
    I just ordered the 95 gr TAC-TX, are those the same as the 95 gr TTSX as well, I couldn't tell the difference? And as long as I'm on the subject does anyone have the BC data for this bullet. Barnes says its higher than the TSX but give no data on their site for the tipped version. Back to the 110 gr, I load the tipped version of that, I seem to do well @ 29 gr R-10x, COL @2.293(max mag will allow), in a Stag mdl 7, 20.77" SS hbar,spec 11, 4 grv. Using Hornady Brass, & Rem. 7 1/2 Primers.
    From what I've heard the Tac-X is for LE sales. Can't figure out why they offer both either, it's the same bullet with a different tag. The B.C. for the 95TTSX is .296.

Administrator

I have some 85gr tac-x and it's labeled MIL/LE. I haven't worked up a load for it yet but I've heard 29.5 of RE7 is the bomb.
    USAF Ret.
    Pistol,Rifle,Sniper Team

Combat/Flight medic- 88-94, Flight Nurse 94-08, Chief Nurse / CCATT 05-08, Marksmanship Team 00-08
    Tours -Desert storm 2, Somalia 1, Bosnia 3, Afghan. 2, Iraq 1

68Forums.com Team Member

They are the same bullet, they say they offer both to be able to track LEO sales..... I dont know why they charge more then.
    Molṑn Labé
    http://www.dtic.mil/ndia/2008Intl/Roberts.pdf
    "I figure we are gunman because we are better then most, and it beats branding cows or digging copper" -Appaloosa
    Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.-Thomas Paine

New to the 6.8

Thanks for the input