Welcome to the Home of the 6.8 SPC - 68forums.com.

Advertise Here
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    6.8 SPC Addict

Default AR Stoner barrels

Who is really making barrels with the AR-Stoner registered name? There are some at Midway, and one other place I found, so I don't think it is strictly a "MidwayUSA" name brand.
    "A lion does not concern himself with the opinions of a sheep."

"A gun is like a parachute, if you need one but don't have one, you will likely never need one again"

Vern
    Semper Fi
    www.taurus45acp.com personal website with NRA-ILA feed and interesting links.
    Forgiveness is between them and God, it's my job to arrange the meeting

68Forums.com Team Member

I am not sure who makes the barrels but Wheeler Engineering products are also sold by other companies.
    "... the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their view to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their view." Dr. Who, 1977

Steve
    An American
    Supporter of the U.S. Constitution and ENTIRE Bill of Rights as Originally Written
    Retired U.S. Army

68Forums.com Team Member

ER Shaw makes the AR Stoner barrels

Banned

Shaw makes very good production barrels, with the right spec's(unlike the M1S 6.8 barrel) they are as good as any from what I have seen.

I noticed Midway has an AR Stoner .223/5.56 16" CHF barrel for half the price as most, I wounder if it's just as good a barrel as say a DD or BCM?

68Forums.com Team Member

bump this up for a few more questions. they have the 6.8 barrels in the midway flier this month. anybody know what gas systems these things have? the 12 twist has my interest as does the decent price tag.
    we have domestic enemies in this country and i'm gonna name names........ Ignorance, apathy, and laziness. -EEL

Banned

Damn good specs on the AR-Stoner barrel, 16" SS, Spec-II chamber, 1:12 twist, 5R rifling,with head spaced bolt, not bad for $275.00

ETA: Noticed on the 20" model which has all the same specs except is says
    M4 Feed Ramps: NO
    Last edited by EWP; 04-30-2010 at 12:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nemohunter View Post
    bump this up for a few more questions. they have the 6.8 barrels in the midway flier this month. anybody know what gas systems these things have? the 12 twist has my interest as does the decent price tag.

lower on the page it says:
    "Gas Tube Length: Mid Length"

For $279.99, why not just buy an AR Performance barrel for the SAME price, but better specs.

http://www.ar15performance.com/inc/sdetail/550

16" lightweight "recon" profile, 6.8 X43 chamber, 5R rifling, 11.25 twist, nitro-carburized(QPQ), gas port drilled, muzzle threaded 5/8-24, COMBO W/ 6.8 I.T.S. 9310 BOLT ASSEMBLY

top barrel is the 6.8 x 43 .700 under the guard and .600 from the gas block to muzzle.

68Forums.com Team Member

Quote Originally Posted by maleante View Post
    For $279.99, why not just buy an AR Performance barrel for the SAME price, but better specs.

http://www.ar15performance.com/inc/sdetail/550

16" lightweight "recon" profile, 6.8 X43 chamber, 5R rifling, 11.25 twist, nitro-carburized(QPQ), gas port drilled, muzzle threaded 5/8-24, COMBO W/ 6.8 I.T.S. 9310 BOLT ASSEMBLY

top barrel is the 6.8 x 43 .700 under the guard and .600 from the gas block to muzzle.
    The ARP deal is better but the Midway are SS. For those of us here, we know what is the best. The Midway offering is actually one of the better offerings for those who have not found this site.
    "... the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their view to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their view." Dr. Who, 1977

Steve
    An American
    Supporter of the U.S. Constitution and ENTIRE Bill of Rights as Originally Written
    Retired U.S. Army

68Forums.com Industry Partner

Quote Originally Posted by Equalizer_2 View Post
    The ARP deal is better but the Midway are SS. For those of us here, we know what is the best. The Midway offering is actually one of the better offerings for those who have not found this site.
    We made the mistake of sending some product to Midway to see if they were interested in purchasing.
    I guess they were just not from us.
    SIX5 -6.5mm on a 6.8 case-vel of the 6.8, BCs of the 6.5
    http://www.msrhunt.com/
    http://lonestarboars.com/
    http://www.tacticalvacations.com/

The 6.8 is the #1 choice for hunting deer and hogs with an AR15